Author Topic: BG radia FS 880 New  (Read 8097 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
BG radia FS 880 New
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:28:30 AM »
  Had the opportunity of hearing the new FS880 at the distributor/dealers home.
   Dead cold with about 5 hours they were very impressive. BG Radia revised the panel with resonance control and now offer an outboard crossover as an option.
   The crossover uses the new Jupiter PIO caps and the new ERSE coils. Connected to mains with speakon connectors. Neat and clean looking. Internal wire is cryo treated as well.
   No Berhinger used on the mains just for optional subs if wanted. Frankly without the subs much more linear presentation.
   One amp or mono blocks can be used as the speaker goes down to 20HZ [ -3db ].
    Dynamic as heck with slamatronic bass. Clarity with weight, the Holy Grail IMO. Gestalt is a better word.  No layering of soundstage just continuous. Scale was good. They need time to open up.
     Out of the box should not sound this good. Very well done.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: BG radia FS 880 New
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 06:39:10 AM »
Interesting speaker. I can't believe they use speakon connectors. That kind of connection isn't used much in the home audio world or not as much as it is in the pro audio world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj2Zl5d-RQU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnqA68Rj6qc

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:41:00 AM by sleepyguy24 »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:23:32 AM »
  The speakons were used to eliminate multiple wires being exposed. Very neat and tidy to the outboard crossover.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »
They are the true bi amp or even bi wire connect. And they are too easy to fit cables. Probably why we don't use them...
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Prιcis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 10:06:49 AM »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:33:15 AM by richidoo »

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 10:46:14 AM »
Wow she's tiny!  :shock:

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/new-bg-radio-fs-880-line-array-tower-speaker

Rich didn't your mother ever tell you that good things come in small packages.......   8)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:47:48 AM by tmazz »
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Brap

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »
SpeakON's are now becoming more and more and more popular. Nice clean look though for those who sneak behind the back :thumb:
Fritz Carrera 7 Be
VTA ST-70
Parasound Halo P5
Oppo 105
Rega P3
Ortofon Quintet Bronze
Cambridge CXN streamer
Teac 3340S
Anticables 3.1
Masterbuilt reference/Kimber Cable IC

Offline KLH007

• Seeking Help
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 06:25:29 PM »
I heard them at 2014 CAF before the Jupiter's and ERSE, needed a little body/tone, but they were transparent, revealed tons of information, played as loud as you could stand, and were exciting...at a show! I spent a lot of time in their room just listening to music, relaxing and enjoyable.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 09:25:45 AM »
I heard them at 2014 CAF before the Jupiter's and ERSE, needed a little body/tone, but they were transparent, revealed tons of information, played as loud as you could stand, and were exciting...at a show! I spent a lot of time in their room just listening to music, relaxing and enjoyable.

Agree with body and tone partially MIA. The culprit was the Berhinger units used . A big mistake on our part. Live and learn.
    They should have been shown as is without the active bass system and crossovers.
    We had lots of fun though.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »
  BG Radia is not making speakers any longer. They were bought out. Hoping for a re entry in the market place.

charles