Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

power conditioning/distribution

(1/2) > >>

Ryno:
I'm looking for a distribution system for a modest system. Source (olive server),  DAC, sometimes preamp, amp, powered sub, and a zone 2 amp. I have a dedicated 20 amp line with a single plug, not a duplex. So all distribution must be done with a single unit. I'm looking at the "audiogon special" from BPT. I would run the source and DAC off the transformer, and the amps/ sub off the other outlets.  Is a 2.5 amp transformer enough for these two units?  The price is pretty good, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Ryan

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ddpowrcond&1173536760&demo&3&4&

Carlman:
Ryan, is there any way you can up your budget just a wee bit and get a Running Springs Audio Haley?  The BPT is no slouch but I found the RSA Haley to be truly special.  It made a significant improvement in every way in my system.  I took it to a friend's house with a better system than mine who also bought one immediately after hearing it.

I *think* the RSA provides better protection for your equipment also.  I know a guy that can get a good deal on one if you can't find one used... just PM me.

Thanks,
Carl

Ryno:
How important is it to isolate components? The BPT has 5 isolated duplexes where the RS has 3. Two components would be paired on 2 duplexes. Right now I have a JR filter from DIY cable with 3 isolated banks, not that it's the same quality as the RS, but is has the same configuration.
Ryan

Black Sand Cable:

--- Quote from: "Ryno" ---I'm looking for a distribution system for a modest system. Source (olive server),  DAC, sometimes preamp, amp, powered sub, and a zone 2 amp. I have a dedicated 20 amp line with a single plug, not a duplex. So all distribution must be done with a single unit. I'm looking at the "audiogon special" from BPT. I would run the source and DAC off the transformer, and the amps/ sub off the other outlets.  Is a 2.5 amp transformer enough for these two units?  The price is pretty good, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Ryan

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ddpowrcond&1173536760&demo&3&4&
--- End quote ---

I don't know what your budget is but I went through a lot of very expensive distribution systems before ending up with a Panamax 5500EX. It doesn't get the hype as an "Audiophile" piece but it works as good as anything else I had.

At the very least take a look at them.

Joker:

--- Quote ---I don't know what your budget is but I went through a lot of very expensive distribution systems before ending up with a Panamax 5500EX. It doesn't get the hype as an "Audiophile" piece but it works as good as anything else I had.

At the very least take a look at them.
--- End quote ---

Did you try out the BPT stuff? If so what did you think of it?

J

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version