Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

Balanced Power System and Power Cables

(1/3) > >>

mca:
I just bought myself a EquiTech 1.5Q balanced power system. I need a 8' power cable to plug the unit in. I will then need about four 5' or so cables to feed my equipment.

My question is, would the cable feeding the 1.5Q need to be the same or better quality than the cables on the other side feeding my equipment?

I am thinking of going with Black Sand or Reality PC's.

Carlman:
Unfortunately, it did for me. (sigh)  So, another few bucks to spend... ;)
I really like the Black Sand Cables... I have not heard RC PC's, just his inteconnects which I like a lot.

Not only does it make a difference, each cable you try will be a little different.  If you went with BSC's, ideally, the Silver Ref's would be best throughout... they have the best of everything.  However, the Chromium's have a smooth and clean presentation that I like quite a bit.... and you can use those on everything.

-C

mca:
I figured that would be the case. The Silver Ref's are out of my price range. I see the Violet and Chromium are the same price. Any idea the difference between the two?

I know a lot of people on AC use and like the Violet, but I have never even heard the Chromium mentioned.

Same goes with the Reality speaker cables and IC's. Lot's of those around, but I don't know of anyone who uses his PC's.

Weird.

miklorsmith:
My rule of thumb is figure out the absolute maximum you can spend, then exceed that by 25%.  Your bank account will *prove* you're getting good sound.

I don't know squat about power cords.

Carlman:
RE: Chromium vs. Violet
I'd say the difference in presentations are akin to SS and tubes.... The violet is a bit more 'edgy' with a little more forward-ness and maybe a bit more detail.

The Chromium has a smoother, maybe 'cleaner' sound and has a more laid back presentation than the violet.

The Silver Ref is if you took the smooth sound of the Chromium and combined it with the faster attack of the violet... The result is a weighty, smooth sound but with impact and speed.

I preferred the Chromium's in my system.

-C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version