Author Topic: new teleporter tweak..  (Read 10530 times)

biglou

new teleporter tweak..
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:39:18 PM »
anyone see this?
http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/auc.pl?accstwek&1183259909
how does geoffkait have such stellar feedback? teleporter? magic pebbles?

LKdog

Re: new teleporter tweak..
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 10:23:29 PM »
I have read where some of his products appear to have some value for some people.
This one is insane, however, but in this hobby self hypnosis reigns sometimes.

Go over to Audiocircle and read the thread on it there. It is pretty funny.

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?PHPSESSID=9pshu0m0k432ve1kg0n4iba8d2&topic=42378.0

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »
That customer comment from German audiophile is totally staged. He is no audiophile.
Great scam idea though, prolly be successful!

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 01:41:17 PM »
I never speak out against other "manufactures and I use that term loosely here" but there is a first time for everything. The pebbles were one thing but..... :duh

Can I swear here?  8)

F%#! me are you kidding me here? What exactly would my system gain by receiving a phone call? What in my system has the ability to receive an incoming phone call anyway other then my satellite receiver? Do I get the call and walk over to my McIntosh Pre/Pro and say "Hey phones for you there buddy and you will wanna take this call as those fools at McIntosh forget to upgrade you magically via my RJ14 jack.....bastards" Then when the call is over I take the phone and drop it on my X-Box 360 and say "Not so fast there buddy, I guess Bill made the same mistakes those nut jobs at McIntosh did. You need to take this call so games will play faster, that iPOD you like to have plugged into you will now sound like a big money standalone transport...so really, you need to take this call"

I can see myself when it's all over "honey, is that microwave still giving you grief? It is, dam.....quick give it the phone as it will need to take this call also"

This is the kind of shit that gives guys like me a bad name. Cables, speaker wire, power cords etc we all tend to get thrown into the mix when people go gunning for guys like this and it's a shame.

Screw it, for all of you who were contemplating a new power cord from me, no need. Let me call you and speak to your current power cord and I will give it an attitude adjustment over the phone for a flat fee of $49.99 and $6.99 per minute. Long distance charges are extra! 

:rofl: :duh :rofl:

I do find myself wondering something at the end of the day. I wonder if he has ever called his pebbles? If so are they even better now? Do all current pebble owners get the call for free? If not, what is the up-charge? And finally, when he is on the phone with the pebbles, how are they feeling?  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:46:23 PM by Black Sand Cable »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
John you're gonna need a bandaid for your forehead!   :duh   hehe I like the swearing, we need more of that around here. 

shit.

Thinking like the eternal entrepreneur, shouldn't we look this gifthorse in the mouth and set up our own audiophile counselling 900 line? 1-900-Audionervosa   We can counsel you, your components, your wife, your mortgage lender, whatever is necessary to enable your ultimate enjoyment despite the nature of the expenditure. Talking to CD polish, green markers, and shakti stones, quantum filters and other extradimensional inanimate objects incurs a small surcharge.

What was the name of that IC chip last year? You place it near the component and it automatically upgrades anything... I would wear one all the time in my hat.

You know this guy will make a fortune while us morality angels are still washing our own dishes. See you in hell buddy!
haha

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 05:31:03 PM »
Oh shoot......I could have called John and have him "speak" to my old cord (for a reasonable fee) and it could've turned into a SR MK V? What was I thinking buying the real deal??  :duh
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

biglou

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »
i can hypnotize you over the phone, its only 30 dollars up front. you'll think your system is better and its only half the cost of the teleporter!

relax and imagine yourself in the sweet spot. your new recliner is absorbing you, and the wife and kids are at the mall... your beer is frosy cold and the playboy channel is on with the volume off... you love your stereo and it sounds great, total blackness...

miklorsmith

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 07:38:21 AM »
 :rofl:

Priceless!