Author Topic: Where Is Your System At Since 2011  (Read 6602 times)

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Where Is Your System At Since 2011
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 06:06:55 PM »
No major equipment changes though a lot of minor changes have added up to a very large improvement in sound.

Still using a Rogue Cronus Magnum integrated (though I did upgrade the coupling caps and fuses) and Aural Acoustics Model B speakers (for which I upgraded to Duelund resistors).

I did move from an EE DAC to the DAC Plus but not out of choice  :roll:  -  though it was a nice improvement. Upgraded the caps and fuse in that unit as well as removed the voltage selector block.

Upgraded to all TWL power cords.   :thumb:

Upgraded from Kaplan GS MK II to MK 2.5 ICs.

Upgraded to a PI Audio USB cable.

Added a SS drive to my Mac Mini.

Added an Uptone Regen.

Added some more GIK 244 panels.

Picked up a PI Audio Mini-Buss which, along with my APC S-15, is about to be replaced by a PI Audio Buss Stop and Digi Buss. Maybe these last items count as major equipment changes: I'll see when I've had them for a while.

As at last I now always enjoy my system, I don't plan any other equipment changes until something breaks. I'd like to just focus on music. Yeah, I know, I, like most of us, have said that a gazillon times before, but I think it's finally true.
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 12:20:57 AM »
Biggest change was getting the McCormack DNA 1 amp and having it modded by Steve McCormack. Everything else is in flux right now.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »
Biggest change was getting the McCormack DNA 1 amp and having it modded by Steve McCormack. Everything else is in flux right now.

Totally agree. Those mods turn a good amp into a great amp.  :thumb:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 09:18:15 PM »
Totally upgraded every single piece. When I have some spare time I am going to have to think about all the changes and list.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata