Author Topic: LI Members- Been To Record Stop in Patchogue?  (Read 3788 times)

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
LI Members- Been To Record Stop in Patchogue?
« on: March 07, 2020, 03:05:47 PM »
I went there today, after deciding not to trek up to Bridgeport Ct., for the record show sponsored by WPKN, 89.5 on your FM dial...
It is the alternate universe from Mr. Cheapo, another LI purveyor of music. Mr. Cheapo's is probably 90% used product, whereas Record Stop is 90% new. Record Stop is clean, the music they play sounds way better sonically, and overall a much nicer experience. They also grade their used vinyl. I don't know how accurate it is, but it's something.
They have a large selection of LP's; most of what I would look for is there. They definitely don't cater to audiophiles- I didn't see any 12" 45 rpm items that you'd get from Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc, etc.
The prices seemed inline with what I see on the internet. In other words, nothing is cheap, but they are not charging any more than elsewhere.
Truthfully, I went on a whim, and did not purchase anything- I was a little overwhelmed. I need to go with a list.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
Re: LI Members- Been To Record Stop in Patchogue?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 07:06:06 AM »
Nice to have options.
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: LI Members- Been To Record Stop in Patchogue?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 07:57:30 AM »
  Thanks for heads up. Never knew they existed. Cool.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.