Author Topic: Need small speaker advice  (Read 12957 times)

Offline mca

• Certifiable
Need small speaker advice
« on: June 29, 2007, 10:03:09 AM »
I am looking for a pair of either small floorstanders or stand mount speakers. Used is fine with me.

They must be happy pushed up against a wall
They must be able to play a little of everything
They must be happy being driven by a Sharp SD-EX111 (about 15wpc)
They must look half way descent

Max price is $500. Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.

miklorsmith

Re: Need small speaker advice
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 10:42:06 AM »

WEEZ

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 12:03:11 PM »
www.selahaudio.com/id108.html

Despite the lower sensitivity, the high impedence should make for an easy load. I use speakers with a lower sensitivity than these with 20wpc in my TV system in a large room and it works fine. Rick will sell these assembled for $495/pr.

just an option...

WEEZ

Joker

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 05:10:57 PM »
Zigman Hornets, read the review on 6moons. An entire system for under $300 and it spanks some serious butt. I ordered three sets just to play with, sounds like they would be alot of fun and so inexpensive. Just a thought for ya....

John

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 07:56:01 PM »
Usher S520's, you can't beat 'em for the price in my opinion... simple 2-way, front-ported, top notch finish, good sound, enjoyable... and works well with the Sharp... I've used that exact setup.
I really enjoy listening to music.

rosconey

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 03:54:07 AM »
i second the selahaudio-rick makes a great speaker

Offline mca

• Certifiable
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 07:59:48 AM »
I dug out my old Norh 4.0 speakers and hooked them up to the Sharp, they sound pretty good! I will leave it at that for a while and keep my eyes peeled for a great deal to come along.
Modwright Transporter, Ayon Spirit II Integrated, Daedalus Ulysses speakers, Running Springs Haley conditioner, Reality cables, Black Sand Violet PC's.