Author Topic: Anyone ever put their speakers on Gramma?  (Read 7395 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Anyone ever put their speakers on Gramma?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 09:53:03 AM »
I use Herbies cone/spike decoupling gliders underneath the Sonata III's which sit on top of a square black granite tile which sits on top of the padded carpeting.i have tried the gliders on top of the bare carpet but i prefer the sound with the granite in place. it tightens up the bass and snaps everything into focus  :thumb:
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline gopher

• Certifiable
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »
Gopher... so you're not using the spikes for your VR33s?  I've been curious to try something like Herbie's Big Fat Dots or perhaps his Hush Puckies under the supplied spikes for my VR-35s.   

So have you compared the spikes to the Decoupling Gliders? 

I am using the spikes, they go into the decoupling gliders. 

They made a nice difference when I installed them, though enough time has passed that I can't recall what, lol.

Give 'em a try, theres a money back guarantee and Herbie is a nice guy to chat with.

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »
Well I've lived with my Grammas for a few weeks now and must say I'm very pleased with the result! They did just what I was hoping for, effectively decoupling them from my thickly-carpeted wood floor while providing a stable-enough base for the speakers.

I deliberately waited till the Rave to put the speakers on the stands for the first time, both for the extra muscle and for the extra opinions.

It was pretty universal I think that the sound got much better w/ the Grammas in place. Largely gone is the sense you feel in your bones that the sound is being drilled down into the floor, giving a greater sense of ease to the sound with less listener fatigue.

A very worth-while $90 improvement!

-Mike