Music Ward > Music Discussion

So Tom ... Dark Side Redux?

(1/2) > >>

BobM:
So Tom, as the definitive collector of all things Pink Floyd The Dark Side of the Moon ... what's your opinion of Roger Waters new "Redux" album?

dflee:
Maybe if I started doin pot this might sound more impressive.
Wow.
If your a fan of Rogers last few albums than this might be something you'll enjoy.
I'll have to listen to it a few more times before I decide ya or nay.
It's the style Waters has morphed into but has an old familiarity to it.
It is impressively produced and Waters is talented providing all the instruments.

Don

Triode Pete:

--- Quote from: dflee on October 10, 2023, 12:39:31 PM ---Maybe if I started doin pot this might sound more impressive.
Wow.
If your a fan of Rogers last few albums than this might be something you'll enjoy.
I'll have to listen to it a few more times before I decide ya or nay.
It's the style Waters has morphed into but has an old familiarity to it.
It is impressively produced and Waters is talented providing all the instruments.

Don

--- End quote ---

I spoke with TomMazz and of course, he pre-ordered the 180g vinyl version, the damn Vinyl Vampire!

I listened casually on Qobuz... Don is right, Roger Waters at 79 years old is still great at his game... Need to listen again (with the lights off and some libations), but it's definitely entertaining!

Cheers,
Pete

James Edward:
I agree the production is impeccable- warm and intimate. I’m guilty as is Pete of only a casual listening; it’s very different but enjoyable nonetheless. A more ‘critical’ listen is in order…

James Edward:
So… I listened to it in its entirety without doing other things. I’d put my head in the oven but it’s electric, and the gas thing doesn’t work anymore anyhow…
I was reading reviews, and a Flaming Lips version of DSOTM was mentioned, so I’m listening to that now. For entirely different reasons, I’d like to put my head in the oven but it’s electric, and the gas thing doesn’t work anymore anyhow…

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version