The Market > Classified Ads

Extremely Rare SAS Audio Labs 10A Line Preamplifier Up for Sale on Ebay

(1/5) > >>

steve:
A gent sent me this link wanting to sell his 10A Line Preamplifier. Thought I would mention it here.

The 10A is only one of three preamplifiers listed in the Exceptional Catagory, mid 2000s, of Bound for Sound.

Other reviews.

"Bound for Sound, Issue #163 SAS Audio 10A Triode Preamp is one of only 3 listed in "Exceptional Merit" catagory. "I expecially feel that way about the SAS 10A, a tube unit of moderate expense that simply stomps a mud hole in just about every active unit made - regardless of price."

"Rich Weiner: "The SAS 10A is the most musically truthful preamp I'm aware of, and I will expand that statement by listing some of the line stages I've had in my otherwise very stable system: Herron VTSP-1, VAC CPA III, VAC Standard LE, Audio Research 3A, ARC 8, ARC 10, Mark Levinson ML-1, Levinson ML-7, Levinson ML-10A, Original Aronov PS-100 and Musical Concepts modification, Nagra PL-P, Beveridge RM-1, Rappaport, Placette Passive - there are more, but you get the point. Until I got the 10A, I struggled to make the other components live up to their potential." The 10A has been Rich's reference preamp for over 4 years. However, Richard now owns the 11A preamplifier as his reference preamplifier.

"Eric: "The 10A excels at tranparency. Not in the sense of being overly analytical, but in the sense that you hear the music as if it was live."

"Bob: "I liked this preamp…a lot! When I first turned it on, it seemed a bit dark and lacking in air, but in the next 30 minutes, the change that took place was amazing. If there was one word I would use to describe my experience with the 10a it would be evocative…or compelling. But wait, that’s two words isn’t it?""

(I never sold a 10A that was a floor model or store returned.)

When shipping, I would suggest United States Postal system.

I can send an owners manual via email if one if the seller does not have it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185675356386?hash=item2b3b1d18e2:g:2AUAAOSwIoBjhNIy&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAsKVZ0dfjFBr6nX1ICq6OG7JqYxhVBYw26dSYAbBr5j7h0gbjSyH4C%2FpgGGsG4Qf1X2KJSckEBXSEMBzLUnWbLcbmNlIpuOxVfnY9d%2FSc4tpm%2BCIIedCIFZpA7qbQvMOa2K0vq%2Bf2H%2BT6GeK0keN1Cd%2Bd7SbgY2UwefEpP41HNja0pHvmBTxLopP5XZrSWrs%2F%2F7u8ZQBm39OQBv67ayHhVNUA%2Fne%2FWofpdEg3aoml%2F3zZ%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR9i8zpadYQ

Cheers

steve

Nick B:
I think it’s likely to be a very, very good preamp. But I’m tapped out right now with moving expenses and it also doesn’t have a remote, which is a necessity for streaming and I want the convenience as well.

TopRound‎:
Why sell perfection? for cheap?
seems wrong
maybe its a scam?
seems shady.......

TopRound‎:
Cmon
that was like a setup!
It was  to0 easy....

P.I.:

--- Quote from: TopRound‎ on December 13, 2022, 05:12:21 PM ---Cmon
that was like a setup!