Music Ward > Music Discussion

Alan Parsons on Audiophiles and Music

(1/5) > >>

tmazz:
I came across this quote the other day from Alan Parsons describing how he as a musician feels about audiophiles:

It makes me think, how many times in this hobby do we end up putting the cart before the horse?

Comments?  Thoughts?

P.I.:
I think the man is brilliant.  He has a grasp of reality that few possess in music.  I also think that he is about 90% right.  People that call themselves audiophiles cover a lot of types.  I have found the majority of them to be gear-heads.  There is a small group of people that are true music lovers.  Coming from a musical family I gave been in love with music: listening to it, making it, recording it and building gear to those ends for about 60 years.  I do what I do for the love of the medium and trying to spread the joy, mostly to people of modest means.  This makes me happy.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: P.I. on June 18, 2021, 09:57:13 PM ---I think the man is brilliant.  He has a grasp of reality that few possess in music.  I also think that he is about 90% right.  People that call themselves audiophiles cover a lot of types.  I have found the majority of them to be gear-heads.  There is a small group of people that are true music lovers.  Coming from a musical family I gave been in love with music: listening to it, making it, recording it and building gear to those ends for about 60 years.  I do what I do for the love of the medium and trying to spread the joy, mostly to people of modest means.  This makes me happy.

--- End quote ---

Dave,
Your dedication to and love of music has very much contributed to my enjoyment and to music lovers worldwide. Thanks and keep doing what you’re doing!!

James Edward:
Definitely guilty… There are times when I listen just for the bombast of it all. It’s fun on a different level- different than listening cerebrally or emotionally, though I guess it does tick the emotional box on some level.

P.I.:

--- Quote from: Nick B on June 19, 2021, 12:52:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: P.I. on June 18, 2021, 09:57:13 PM ---I think the man is brilliant.  He has a grasp of reality that few possess in music.  I also think that he is about 90% right.  People that call themselves audiophiles cover a lot of types.  I have found the majority of them to be gear-heads.  There is a small group of people that are true music lovers.  Coming from a musical family I gave been in love with music: listening to it, making it, recording it and building gear to those ends for about 60 years.  I do what I do for the love of the medium and trying to spread the joy, mostly to people of modest means.  This makes me happy.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, Nick.  I wasn't fishing for compliments here, but yours is greatly appreciated!

Dave,
Your dedication to and love of music has very much contributed to my enjoyment and to music lovers worldwide. Thanks and keep doing what you’re doing!!

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version