Systemic Development > Analog Devices

saying goodbye to vinyl...

(1/2) > >>

Nick B:
I’ve had my Basis Ovation turntable since the early 90s. It has seen very little use over the years, especially after I moved to Utah in ‘03. I have been on again/off again for the last few years in wanting to revive my analog setup. Well, it has found the home it deserves as I delivered it this Friday to a great audiophile in so. California.
I can’t really recall when I last played it, but I know it was a Smokey Robinson album that sounded so very good and silky smooth 🎼🎼 👋 👋

Folsom:
 :(

At least it's not sitting doing nothing anymore.

S Clark:
Well, there is no doubt that digital can produce very high quality sound, so switching from vinyl makes sense for many.  After spending most of two days rearranging my vinyl collection to include a new bookcase, there is much to recommend a simpler system. 
Hope you find a home for your records as well as your gear. 

Nick B:

--- Quote from: S Clark on March 08, 2021, 12:23:28 PM ---Well, there is no doubt that digital can produce very high quality sound, so switching from vinyl makes sense for many.  After spending most of two days rearranging my vinyl collection to include a new bookcase, there is much to recommend a simpler system. 
Hope you find a home for your records as well as your gear.

--- End quote ---

In addition to the Basis, the tonearm, 2 cartridges and a phono stage are sold as well. I sold or donated as many albums as I could, but the unwanted ones ended up in the trash.

When I spoke with a record store owner in Ohio, he told me he’d be retiring soon and most of his would end up in the trash heap as he’d be unable to find a home for them. It’s a just a sad reality...

tmazz:
If only I was closer...........  :cry:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version