Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

SPIDF RCA Cable 100-150 Bucks?

(1/3) > >>

James Edward:
I know that smaller brands may offer more bang for the buck- little or no ads, dealer markup, etc..., but I’m hesitant at the same time- anyone can slap the ‘digital’ tag on an RCA cable. Certainly a few less obsessed folks do use any old cable and they work.
I’m currently using this- https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digital-audio/index.htm , the 1694A cable version.
I’m curious as to what others find to be contenders in the 100-150 dollar range. I had a Black Cat cable that I sold several years ago(you know who you are!), thinking I’d never use one again. Well, here I am.
Funny thing is, I don’t at all dislike the BJC piece. I’m just neurotic.
As I type this, I’m thinking that name brands are not out of the question either. I spent a couple of months auditioning speakers- only to stick with what I’ve got. So a good, no-hassle return policy is a must.
Thoughts appreciated. PM me if that’s better- I know cable threads can be contentious.

Nick B:
PM sent

Jack:
Audio Envy if new or used TWL Spirit 75.

James Edward:
An AN member sent me an Illuminati D60 to try, and it’s a keeper. Funny thing, I had an easier time discerning a difference between the two digital cables than I have with stereo interconnects. I thought I’d really have to strain to imagine/hear any difference.
The D60 added air and detail, with a ‘sweetness’, for lack of a better word, and a more focused image relative to the BJC. And it should- the D60 retails for roughly 20 times as much $$$.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: James Edward on March 04, 2021, 01:19:58 PM ---An AN member sent me an Illuminati D60 to try, and it’s a keeper. Funny thing, I had an easier time discerning a difference between the two digital cables than I have with stereo interconnects. I thought I’d really have to strain to imagine/hear any difference.
The D60 added air and detail, with a ‘sweetness’, for lack of a better word, and a more focused image relative to the BJC. And it should- the D60 retails for roughly 20 times as much $$$.

--- End quote ---

That’s good news, Jim (except for the price :) Your description makes it sound like a wonderful cable and those are qualities I value as well. It would be interesting to compare it to my Audio Envy. I kinda regret selling my Audio Sensibility digital.
Nick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version