Systemic Development > Amplification and Preamplification

what is the best sounding Class D amp you've ever heard

<< < (2/15) > >>

jimbones:
Thanks for the idea's I will research them. I should have stated my budget at roughly 3500-4k (used is OK)

rodge827:
The Digital Amplifier Company 2 Cherry is exceptional. I have owned a few of the DAC amps and the 2 Cherry is in a class of its own. Very quiet, detailed, exceptional bass and very smooth sounding. Tommy really out did himself with this amp. I sold it since I found a great deal on 300b monos I’ve wanted for a long time. Wish I didn’t need to sell the 2 Cherry it gave the 300b monos a serious run.

Barry (NJ):
What do you, listen for in, want out of, your system?

rollo:
  The Arion HS 500 hybrid. 500W into 8 Ohm 1000W into 4 Ohm. Uses a 6H30 input tube. Military grade power supply used in submarines so it is VERY quiet. I used the m for the Pipedreams if you remember. Not dry, thin , bright or hard sounding.

charles

jimbones:

--- Quote from: Barry (NJ) on February 10, 2021, 12:02:07 PM ---What do you, listen for in, want out of, your system?

--- End quote ---

Listen to Jazz and Rock, not much classical. I like a full weighty midrange. Not a dry thin sound. My current amp is awesome but someday I will replace it. Not urgent but I like to understand the Class D technology and what it has to offer. BTW, I don't need stupid power, I am using a 130 watt amp now (Wells Innamorata). I was also wondering if Class D watts are the same as Class AB watts. No Joke, I have some experience with class D amps that claim 500wpc and I have to crank the volume to get anything out of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version