Music Ward > Live Shows

Summer Concerts Anyone?

(1/4) > >>

tmazz:
Summer will be here before you now it.

Does anyone have any concert plans for the summer yet?

So far I have tickets to see James Taylor, John Williams and the Boston Pops doing a program of film music and the Boston Symphony doing Beethoven's 9th, all at Tanglewood with my wife and Buddy Guy at Westbury Music Fair with the LI boys. The guys are also going to see Santana at Jones beach, but that is on the same day as Beethoven's 9th.  :(

Putz:
Bryan Ferry in the spring, Beck in the summer so far.

Recent shows attended: Smithereens w/Marshall Crenshaw, Neil Young solo, Little Steven, Brian Wilson w/Blondie Chaplin & Al Jardine.

BobM:
It's 70-80 in Florida now so even though it's Feb, it's kinda summer or at least spring.

Just saw Dave Mason and Steve Cropper. These 2 guys wrote some of the best R&R or blues songs that you hear on the radio all the time. A bit of history there.

Elton John is coming to Jacksonville March 15.

Pat Metheny is on April 9th, for my birthday

Roscalusa is coming to my neighborhood on April 27. This is a song writers festival. These are the guys who write the songs that you hear on country radio. They come and tell the story behind the song then sing them for us in their own voice.

malloy:

--- Quote from: tmazz on February 10, 2019, 09:21:16 PM ---Summer will be here before you now it.

So far I have tickets to see James Taylor, John Williams and the Boston Pops doing a program of film music and the Boston Symphony doing Beethoven's 9th, all at Tanglewood with my wife and Buddy Guy at Westbury Music Fair with the LI boys. The guys are also going to see Santana at Jones beach, but that is on the same day as Beethoven's 9th.  :(

--- End quote ---

Oh wow! Williams with the Boston Pops! I am envious. How much are Tanglewood tickets these days?

I hear that Herbie Hancock has August concerts here in the West Coast. Open air though. I would have wanted to hear him unplugged.

tmazz:

--- Quote from: malloy on May 06, 2019, 10:22:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: tmazz on February 10, 2019, 09:21:16 PM ---Summer will be here before you now it.

--- End quote ---

Oh wow! Williams with the Boston Pops! I am envious. How much are Tanglewood tickets these days?

I hear that Herbie Hancock has August concerts here in the West Coast. Open air though. I would have wanted to hear him unplugged.

--- End quote ---

Boston Pops tickets in the Shed range from 44 130.
The BSO depending on the event start at 34 and go up to 114.

Lawn seats are generally between 20 and 30 dollars.

Prices for Pop/Rock artists are all over the map depending on who it is.

A pdf of the season brochure can be found at:

http://bso.http.internapcdn.net/bso/images/uploads/brochures/TWD19_Brochure.pdf

(The file is to big to add to this post as an attachment)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version