Author Topic: Grover IC Demo Tour  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Grover IC Demo Tour
« on: April 07, 2007, 03:48:45 PM »
Grover sent me 2 pairs of IC's to try and then send out to others that might be interested in hearing them.  If you'd like to hear them, get on the list here.  

Only 2 rules...
1. Post a few words on your impression here.
2. Audition for a few days and then send to the next person, insured USPS w/ tracking, UPS, or FedEx only.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

jrebman

Re: Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »
Quote from: "Carlman"
Grover sent me 2 pairs of IC's to try and then send out to others that might be interested in hearing them.  If you'd like to hear them, get on the list here.

Carl,

I'd like to get on the list.  I don't suppose one of those is 2.5 meters long? :-)  If not the only place I can test it is between my sources and new preamp (which will be arriving on Tuesday), which is better than nothing, but the place where I'd want them most is between my pre and my amps -- that's the longest, most critical run in my system.

-- Jim

miklorsmith

Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:07:05 PM »
I could indulge curiosity.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 06:26:54 PM »
Carl,

Count me in as well.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 06:27:25 PM »
I didn't measure them but I'm pretty sure they are all 1m.
-C

Mike L

Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 07:27:05 PM »
I would like in as well.  

However, if we are going to do this do we need to extend the group buy deadline so as more can sample.....just a thought.

Mike

Offline bobrex

• Seeking Help
Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »
I agree with Mike.  If you could extend the group buy deadline, then I'd like to be in.  Otherwise, what's the point?

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 10:31:01 AM »
Quote from: "bobrex"
I agree with Mike.  If you could extend the group buy deadline, then I'd like to be in.  Otherwise, what's the point?
I agree on the extension.  I might like to hear them as well.  Tom
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
I will ask Grover for an extension on the GB to let his cables be heard through the demo tour.  Since this is going in that direction, I'd prefer the people that are seriously interested in joining the GB receive first priority. So, there should be an 'A' list and 'B' list... Please ask the next person if they're A or B so we can have the GB participants get an earful before moving them along.

Also, POST HERE with your impressions when you ship them, and name who they are going to so we can keep track of where they are.

I have to say, so far (only an hour of real listening with 12 hr burn-in) the latest ones Grover sent me really stood up and grabbed my attention.  Wow... I'm looking forward to hearing the impressions of others.  Resolution and PRAT are improved and the slight edge from the last version is gone.  I'm impressed, mighty impressed.  Good job, Grover.

-C

jrebman

Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 12:05:53 PM »
Carl,

Consider me to be on the "A" list.  I am very interested, but I do want to hear how they're going to do with a tube front end and digital amps.

Thanks,

Jim

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Grover IC Demo Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 02:28:42 PM »
Same boat here.  Would love to hear them.  Seriously considering the group buy but want to make sure how they work in my system.  I know several of the other GAS guys from AC would also be interested.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

shrinkmore

XLR
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 03:31:10 PM »
Although I am generally unbalanced, my system is mainly balanced, and I may ask Grover to allow me to audition some balanced cables.  Is there anyone else with a balanced (XLR) system?  Let me know, and then I'll ask Grover.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Grover Cables Demo Tour MOVED
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 05:14:30 PM »
Grover Cables demo tour is underway in the Group Buys Forum. Please head over there to officially sign up for the tour:

http://www.audionervosa.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=275

Even if you posted your interest in this thread, you must sign up officially by following the guidelines in the new thread, which is dedicated to the Grover Group Buy Demo Tour.

Thank you!!
Rich
 :D