Author Topic: Interest Check: 45 RPM Audiophile Vinyl Tour  (Read 32260 times)

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
Re: Interest Check: 45 RPM Audiophile Vinyl Tour
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »
PM sent, good timing as home for next 2 weeks.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2012, 02:50:28 AM »
Hey all ... am I too late to get on the tour bus route? Is it Smithville making the rounds? Rich, has this made it to you or around NC and is it worth the listen, maybe at our next G2G?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2012, 05:28:15 AM »
We already had it Tim. I wrote too much about it further up.

jsaliga

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2012, 07:05:21 AM »
Hey all ... am I too late to get on the tour bus route? Is it Smithville making the rounds? Rich, has this made it to you or around NC and is it worth the listen, maybe at our next G2G?

I see no reason why you can't take it for a spin after Gene and Bill have had their turn.

--Jerome

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
Still waiting for it, must be coming by Pony Express.

I intend to keep it most of next week as I'm home from the road, then off to Bill.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

jsaliga

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2012, 06:03:53 PM »
I know it has been a while...but who has the LP?

--Jerome

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2013, 06:20:55 AM »
Hey guys I just got a mailing from Music Direct (yes, a snail mail catalog, I guess they figure anyone who is still spinning vinyl will still be reading paper sale flyers.  :rofl:)

If anyone really like the 45 LP that Jerome sent around on tour you might be interested to know that Music Direct is having an inventory reduction sale (they are moving) and one of the things that is on the sale list is the 180g 2 45 rpm LP set of Louis Smith's "Smithville". It is listed in the flyer with a frice of $39.99 (reg. $49.99) and if you use the code coupon MOVE10 at checkout you will get another 10% off on top of that.

Good price and I doubt this one will be in print for much longer, so grab 'em if you want 'em.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2013, 12:23:09 PM »
Thanks Tom - Since Jerome's original copy never made it to me I'll grab this.

Gene

Hey guys I just got a mailing from Music Direct (yes, a snail mail catalog, I guess they figure anyone who is still spinning vinyl will still be reading paper sale flyers.  :rofl:)

If anyone really like the 45 LP that Jerome sent around on tour you might be interested to know that Music Direct is having an inventory reduction sale (they are moving) and one of the things that is on the sale list is the 180g 2 45 rpm LP set of Louis Smith's "Smithville". It is listed in the flyer with a frice of $39.99 (reg. $49.99) and if you use the code coupon MOVE10 at checkout you will get another 10% off on top of that.

Good price and I doubt this one will be in print for much longer, so grab 'em if you want 'em.

jsaliga

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 06:22:00 AM »
Gene, it should have come your way.  I believe Bill has it.  If you still want to listen to it get in touch with him.

Bill...please work this out with Gene if he is still interested...he should have had his turn with it a long time ago.  Thanks.

--Jerome

Gene

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2013, 07:10:05 AM »
Gene, it should have come your way.  I believe Bill has it.  If you still want to listen to it get in touch with him.

Bill...please work this out with Gene if he is still interested...he should have had his turn with it a long time ago.  Thanks.

--Jerome

Gene

Guys, check out reply#59 on previous page... that may answer the question...???

SN

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:14:56 AM by StereoNut »
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2013, 04:27:43 PM »

Tom,
Thanks for twisting my arm and making open up that flyer... got the new reissue Brubeck 45 RPM "Time Out" as well as the 45 RPM Ella & Louie (Verve)... I also got the brand new reissue of Nick Drake's  "Pink Moon"... rated a "10 / 10" on music & "11 / 10" on sonics on Mikey Fremer's analog planet!

Gotta stop reading these threads...  :duh

BTW... spend $100 & get free FedEx shipping too!

Cheers,
Pete

www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

eleazar

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »

Tom,
Thanks for twisting my arm and making open up that flyer... got the new reissue Brubeck 45 RPM "Time Out" as well as the 45 RPM Ella & Louie (Verve)... I also got the brand new reissue of Nick Drake's  "Pink Moon"... rated a "10 / 10" on music & "11 / 10" on sonics on Mikey Fremer's analog planet!

Cheers,
Pete

Pete now your in the Pumpkin zone   :thumb: :thumb:
I love my copy

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2013, 07:33:43 PM »
Tom,

Cheers,
Pete

Hey, what are friends for?    8)
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2013, 08:09:55 AM »
Jerome -

Bill followed up with me - it's all good. :thumb:

Pink Moon rated an 11/10 - I have to get me some of that.

Gene, it should have come your way.  I believe Bill has it.  If you still want to listen to it get in touch with him.

Bill...please work this out with Gene if he is still interested...he should have had his turn with it a long time ago.  Thanks.

--Jerome

Gene

Offline Nick77

• Seeking Help
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 05:12:59 AM »
Any comments on SQ with the new Pink Moon reissue?