Systemic Development > Analog Devices

RTR recording from Qobuz streamer

(1/2) > >>

Brap:
Just for grins, I put a new tape in the Teac 3340S and recorded some hi-res Qobuz and played back. Interesting results. The Fritzies sure get more exercise and I'm able to mess around with soundstage a bit with the output levels. Just screwing around while golf was on before Superbowl.  Anyone else try this?

Nick B:
No, but it sounds like great fun. Our family had a reel to reel, but that was when I was a little kiddo. I work my Fritzies as much as possible 😀😀

Brap:
Nick, a great soundstage track is "I will survive" by Petra Magoni Musica Nuda.  This will give them nice exercise and really assure you of speaker placement!

Nick B:

--- Quote from: Brap on February 05, 2020, 06:31:11 AM ---Nick, a great soundstage track is "I will survive" by Petra Magoni Musica Nuda.  This will give them nice exercise and really assure you of speaker placement!

--- End quote ---

Hi Brad,
I just found her album on Roon. Will check it out tonight. I’m pretty close with speaker placement. Even toying with the idea of a couple of very simple room treatments. Your name came up when I was talking with Fritz recently. Super nice guy

Brap:
Nick -- yeah Fritz is great! I have 2A3, OTL and ST-70 amps and have been giving him feedback.  Thus far ST-70 is my fav. You probably saw but I used the Nordst systems solution 2 CD's to "tune" my set-up. Like you, outside of some room treatments, I feel I'm 90% there.  Great tool to have. From what I found, that track provides some good front to back vocal imaging. Also there are a few cello notes that made the BE's shine and me smile!  Enjoy and look forward to your impressions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version