Author Topic: Crystals and Power Cords  (Read 2863 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Crystals and Power Cords
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:43:36 AM »
  For some time now I have used the AM little black boxes installed at the wire bundle, circuit breakers and inside the duplex box feeding the system.
  All components are wired with Triode Wire Labs 8Ga cryoed.  Amps use 7+ TWL cords with Piezo. One Uberbuss uses an 8Ga cryoed and piezo. The other Uber uses 8Ga. cryoed only.
  After being cooked and over 200 hours in the system something just was not right.
   During our Beta testing with TWL multiple crystals the sound was not good. The latest design [ 7+] as well just was not winning me over 100%.
  So why could this be so. In other systems the character of the 7+ was just fine.
  ARGhaaaaaa !!! Well maybe just maybe the AM devices with crystals are just to much of a good thing. Pulled the ones off the circuit breaker. Instant improvement. Then pulled the wire bundle devices, OMG. Open, more dynamic and just better.
  With the 7+ or other piezo TWL cords PULL those AM devices and see what you hear.

charles

charles
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:45:58 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.