Author Topic: NY Audio Show 2021 Canceled/Postponed  (Read 3523 times)

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
NY Audio Show 2021 Canceled/Postponed
« on: November 11, 2021, 04:01:12 PM »
Bummer dudes. Certainly not the biggest and best, but it’s close to home- I was looking forward to it. Too bad. They say it’s been rescheduled to March 2022.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
Re: NY Audio Show 2021 Canceled/Postponed
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 08:55:41 AM »
 :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 10:41:17 AM »
  Yup. Due to crime and expense in NYC. Yes I know the inside deal.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 09:30:28 AM »
I do not know about you guys but the show was not that great plus it was expensive as hell to attend.  It also does not help that they insist on having the show the weekend after CAF.  From manufactures perspective it made sense but from show attendees not so much.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »
When i worked at the MTA it was quite an experience. I remember accidentally walking into showdown between cops and perp and guns were drawn and im like "Im outta here". In Brooklyn on the L line there were guns shots during the day all day long lol. When I was new my boss sent me to Da Bronx on the graveyard shift and I thought is was safer to take my chances walking on the live tracks than to be above ground at 3 am.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2021, 07:41:38 AM »
  Would not it be great if the NY show was on Long Island. A Hilton or Marriott. ? No Union nonsense to set up. Larger rooms. Easy access by car or RR plenty of free parking, less expensive as well. No vaccine mandates on LI either.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 10:17:37 PM »
I doubt you will see a show on Long Island because it simply will not draw a many people. Let's face it, public transportation on LI sucks. It is designed around the paradigm of a commuter who lives on LI, drives to the train station and goers into Manhattan. there is hardly any public transportation to or from the LIRR stations and getting from point to point bus bus is a horror show. And the only people who would have an easy time getting to a show on LI by car are the people who already live on LI or Queens. Keep in mind that folks that live in NJ or CT would also need to take a train or bus into Manhattan before they could even get to an LIRR train.

Any show that does not have easy access to is will turn people off. The NY Show was in Brooklyn for one year and even that small move effected the attendance in a way that the next year they were right back in Manhattan.

I have a group of guys that went to Grad school with me at Brooklyn Poly who try to get together for dinner once a year. The group comes from LI, NYC NJ and CT and try as we might to rotate around where we get together, in the 20 years we have been doing it we always end up meeting in Manhattan because it is the only place that everyone can get to without it being a major PITA for several people in the group.

Manhattan can pull potential show attendees from all directions. Moving a show out to LI would seriously limit the potential number of ticket buying visitors. I understand that there are several painful issues with having a show in Manhattan, but I simply don't see moving it out to LI as a viable option..

Of course that's just my opinion, which doesn't count for all that much since I am not a show organizer. 
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline James Edward

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2021, 03:56:30 AM »
FWIW, Chester Group said there was a conflict with, or too close to, another show, so the March 2022 date was changed to September 2022.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 10:08:29 AM »
 Well it appears an Organizer thinks a LI show would be a great thing. Hoping it comes to reality. Manhattan sucks for me anyway.

charles