Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

Tracking down noise

<< < (2/2)

rollo:
  Great advice thank you. Never would have thought that. Before the flood I grounded every component to a star ground then to Earth ground OMGoodness. DEAD quite when I thought it was quiet to begin with.

charles

Nick B:

--- Quote from: rollo on September 22, 2021, 01:46:00 PM ---  Great advice thank you. Never would have thought that. Before the flood I grounded every component to a star ground then to Earth ground OMGoodness. DEAD quite when I thought it was quiet to begin with.

charles

--- End quote ---

Charles,
How does that all work including your use of the Gigawatt?

P.I.:
During my studio days we would fastidiously clean connections at least once a month.  Measurements were done with an O-scope or an Audio Precision analyzer.  The tech that had the APA told a story of going in to a studio here that had been running for years.  They never pulled the cards in their 24 track to clean the contacts. 

"Dude, they are gold plated and don't need cleaning." 

Uh huh... sure.

Pulling the cards, cleaning and treating with Cramoline and cleaning the routing through the patch bays and channel ribbon connectors yielded a 20dB increase in SNR.  That is HUGE!

rollo:

--- Quote from: Nick B on September 22, 2021, 02:15:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: rollo on September 22, 2021, 01:46:00 PM ---  Great advice thank you. Never would have thought that. Before the flood I grounded every component to a star ground then to Earth ground OMGoodness. DEAD quite when I thought it was quiet to begin with.

charles

--- End quote ---

Charles,
How does that all work including your use of the Gigawatt?

--- End quote ---

Ran the ground to the screw for the cover plate of outlet for Gigawatt.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version