Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

Your Experience With Contact Enhancement Products?

(1/3) > >>

James Edward:
I really like the sound of my system, so now I’m just going around the edges for that last nth degree. These products intrigue me. I’ve never used one, but the idea seems sound enough.
My one major concern is mucking things up inside the connectors if the product becomes gummy, brittle, etc., etc. over time.
Your thoughts?
Here is one example- albeit an expensive one!
https://walkeraudio.com/product/quantum-silver-treatment-for-contacts/

BobM:
The first thing to know about contacts is YOU NEED TO CLEAN THEM AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR!

Sorry for shouting but so many so called Audiophiles omit this very basic thing.

James Edward:
Yes- I posted about this a while back in preparing for some audiophiles coming over for a listen. As I was typing out my question regarding contact enhancement, I thought the same thing Bob- maybe it’s just the cleaning…

Nick B:
I need t get back in the habit 😞 Have done it a few times and once with graphene. I only use a microfiber cloth nowadays

rpf:
I remember reading that some contact enhancers were dangerous in some locations. Possibly tube pins among other spots. IIRC amp oscillation or shorting was possible. And IIRC, Walker's Silver treatment, while good for some places, was bad for others.

Jena Labs had a good and safe contact enhancer. Don't know if they still do.

I just clean everything with DeOxit, once a year for plated materials (and wipe it dry afterwards). Unfortunately a lot of my connectors are un-plated copper (like my 6 TWL power cords  :rofl: ) and require cleaning 2-3 times per year. The un-plated copper does have a more natural tonality though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version