Systemic Development > Analog Devices

New Cartridge on the way

(1/6) > >>

tmazz:
The suspension on my Benz Micro glider collapsed so I had to seek out a new cartridge. After listening to Peter Ledermann speak at the NJ Audiophile Society zoom meeting a few weeks ago I diced to go with something from Soundsmith. I just really liked his design philosophy adn the way he approaches the physics of phono reproduction.

I ordered a Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES. The tracking report from USPS says that the package has reached Metro NY so I am hopeful that the cart will be in my hands by either tomorrow or Saturday.   8)

Nick B:
I’ve always enjoyed listening to Peter Ledermann and Frank Schroeder as well. I just looked up the Carmen Mk II ES on the web. Is this your first moving iron cartridge?

I think this is the NJ Audiophile Society meeting you mentioned…

https://sound-smith.com/reviews/positive-feedback-review-carmen-mk-ii

tmazz:
In the past I tried two different wood body Grados. I really liked the way they sounded, but they were not shielded and picked up too much hum from my TT motor, so I could not use them.

I spoke with the folks at Soundsmith and they assured me that their carts have been install on many VPI tables and they never came across with them picking up motor noise.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: tmazz on July 22, 2021, 08:20:57 PM ---In the past I tried two different wood body Grados. I really liked the way they sounded, but they were not shielded and picked up too much hum from my TT motor, so I could not use them.

I spoke with the folks at Soundsmith and they assured me that their carts have been install on many VPI tables and they never came across with them picking up motor noise.

--- End quote ---

Same old song, so to speak, with the Grados…sound great and pick up too much hum…

tmazz:
Nick, that was a video of Peter's talk. Thanks so much for puttng up that link.

I have a friend who was looking forward to hearing what Peter had to say. Unfortunately he ended up getting rushed to the hospital that afternoon causing home to miss it (His problem was resolved and he is in good health now.  :clap:)

I will be passing the link on to him and I am sure he will be very happy to get a second change at seeing Peter's talk.  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version