Author Topic: May Meeting Notice  (Read 7992 times)

Offline RussL

• Seeking Help
May Meeting Notice
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:47:14 PM »
The first of two meetings in May will be held on Friday the 8th at the Massapequa home of Steve Rabitz. Steve’s system is very impressive both visually and sonically. The system features BG Radia 880 hybrid / planar magnetic ribbon speakers driven by the new Pass Labs XA60.8 monoblocks. Rather than using the BG’s built in cone woofers, Steve has each tower mated to a Sound Insight SI-300 open baffle servo controlled subwoofer both driven by Rythmic Audio servo amps. I’ve been at Steve’s and heard them, rather felt them, three twelve-inch woofers per side.  :rofl: :rofl:

The speakers are fronted by an Esoteric K01x SACD Player, driving a Coincident Speaker Technology (tubed) Line Stage, with power supplied by a Synergistic UEF Powercell, with Tranquility bases, FEQ bass tuning and UFT treatments. Triode Wire Labs cabling throughout (thanks Pete).

Please RSVP TO Steve as space is limited. Doors open at 7:30 with the formal meeting starting around 8:00. You are highly encouraged to bring the refreshment of your choice to the meeting. I hope to see you all there. 

Russ Lachow
Audio Syndrome Secretary

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: May Meeting Notice
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
Thanks Steve. The Sheffield drum disc is on order... These meetings always cost me some money.
The system is a whole lot of fun to listen to. I also enjoy a healthy serving of clean bass, and those subs certainly deliver.
Thank you also to your daughter for playing 'Ode to Joy'. I hope I'm not the only one there that was thinking how far my system strays from sounding like a real instrument. Food for thought...
I had a great time. Thanks again.
Jim
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »
Thanks Steve. The Sheffield drum disc is on order... These meetings always cost me some money.
The system is a whole lot of fun to listen to. I also enjoy a healthy serving of clean bass, and those subs certainly deliver.
Thank you also to your daughter for playing 'Ode to Joy'. I hope I'm not the only one there that was thinking how far my system strays from sounding like a real instrument. Food for thought...
I had a great time. Thanks again.
Jim

Likewise, +1, the  system was sound very good!

Kudos for the hospitality!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »
Great meeting, Steve. I'm still singing the Tower of Power, "Still be digging on James Brown" song in my head!

Bill
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:08:22 AM »
  It was nice to see all quiet during our listening session. The bass alone was a treat. Natural tone, accurate, slamatronic and yes deeeeeep.
   The main system as good as it was was not ready yet. New cables installled that day did not allow us to fully appreciate the system. A tad hard with some glare at times. A very revealing system not kind to poorly recorded Cd's.
   However some CD's were just awesome. The delicate ones of violin and piano were excellent again execpt for break-in-ittus.
    Although we wanted all TWL cabling it was a mistake IMO to demo with new cabling not fully broken-in.
     The new Esoteric K-01x Cd player was much better than the previous model. More extended on top and not warm i character.
    Overall a great system that just needs more hours to fully open up. When that happens I want one.
    The subs are now on my short list. Two per side for me.  :thumb:

:thumb:
charles

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline RussL

• Seeking Help
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 08:10:48 AM »
Another great meeting at Steve's place.  System sounded terrific.  And an extra nice bonus Steve's daughter Jamie playing a violin piece for us.

Russ
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 02:00:45 PM by RussL »