Author Topic: March Meeting Formal Notice  (Read 11051 times)

Offline RussL

• Seeking Help
March Meeting Formal Notice
« on: March 18, 2015, 06:38:05 PM »

The March Meeting will be held on Friday the 27th at the home of Mel Gross.  The meeting will be co-hosted by club member Archie Munro.  Archie has been working closely with Audio Note UK founder Peter Qvortrup for about three years leading up to his very recent appointment as the Audio Note Component Distributor for North America. He has also been working on developing a lineup of Audio Note inspired gear. The new line will be manufactured here in the US with each piece of gear selling for around the $1,000 mark.

Archie will be demonstrating a complete system of his prototype gear. We’ll be listening to a phono stage, line stage, DAC, stereo amplifier, speakers and TT all connected with Audio Note cables. Mel will be installing a 2 KW gas powered generator for use in powering all the filaments.

Archie will be joined by Peter Qvortrup’s close friend George McKinnis, and between them they have many Audio Note anecdotes to entertain and enlighten us with. Should be a fun listen.

In addition, club member Steve Bender been developing various electronic equipment, along with a few electrostatic-like sounding planar driver based headphones. Headphones are hot lately and Steve’s background in acoustics and psychoacoustics, may give him an edge in his design and development. Steve will demonstrate two or three pairs of his headphones at the meeting.

We’ll listen to the headphones, if time permits, in the main room using a headphone amplifier provided by Archie. Steve will use one of his modified rebook CD players for demonstrating the headphones in the smaller enclosed room off of Mel’s dining room.

Wow!! And if that’s not enough, time permitting we will be entertained by a violin player known by many of our members. Doors open at 7:30 with the formal meeting starting around 8:00.

Unlike Mel's forthcoming June meeting, this meeting is open to Audio Syndrome members ONLY.  Also unlike the June meeting Mel will be serving pizza and it's up to US (the members) to show Mel our appreciation by supplying the beer / wine and desserts. Hope to see you all at this very special meeting.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:21:32 AM by rollo »

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
Re: March Meeting Formal Notice
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:31:16 PM »
The meeting was very colorful and enjoyment. Thanks to Mel and Susan for hosting and allowing Archie to bring a full system.

Paul

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 06:54:46 AM »
I'm sorry I had to miss it.  Family obligations took precedence. For those of you that were there, please post comments here on AN for all of us that missed out.

Thanks,
SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 07:16:16 AM »
I'm sorry I had to miss it.  Family obligations took precedence. For those of you that were there, please post comments here on AN for all of us that missed out.

Thanks,
SN

+1, except I had a basketball commitment (We Won!). I hit the winning foul shot with the score tied with seconds to go!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 07:50:54 AM »

Thanks,
SN

+1, except I had a basketball commitment (We Won!). I hit the winning foul shot with the score tied with seconds to go!

:dj: :yay2:
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 07:20:37 AM »
  A big thanks to Mel & Susan for putting up with the crowd. The stuffed cabbage was off the charts.
   Yes colorful it was Paul. Overall the system sounded VG. Some set up quirks like unlocking the TT set for shipping was a revelation.
   Dynamic, clean and very revealing. LPs sounded great but the computer rig was well a computer.
   Pricing was really good. The 2A3 stereo amp $1200, preamp $850, DAC $900, phono stage $900 speakers $1400.
   Archie the best of luck with the new line of affordable Audio note. They should sell themselves.
     Next meeting at Jay's in April.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 08:44:56 AM »
    It had issues for sure but overall pretty good. Maybe the just installed USB input was broken in. The TT was in lock mode for transport and when unlocked much better.
    Everything had an edge granted but overlooking that the set up and new gear had IMO good potential. The speakers need to be one to two feet from the wall to balance the bass and treble. Having them out five to six feet was a problem.
   The computer source statement I made was unfair I take it back.

charles

charles

Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 10:14:02 AM »

Was that 2a3 amp for $1200 a kit?
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline rollo

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »

No not a kit fully assembled in USA by the US importer.

charles

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 11:27:18 AM »

No not a kit fully assembled in USA by the US importer.

charles

any pics? :lol:
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube