Author Topic: June Meeting  (Read 9526 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: June Meeting
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 08:49:41 PM »
Bill all of your ideas are great expect where the problem comes in is when there is other room for the discussions to take place in. With all of the homes now using open typ floorplans  it is becomig harder and harder to find a place with walls and doors that separate the listenimg area from the gathering area. If the Chatters go to the other side of the house and there is nothig but a hallway between the two areas the chatting noise  travels into the listening area thuis causing the conflict. In most cases it is not that the people aren't leaving the listening room to chat , but rather thatg the area set aside for them toio chat in is not acoustically isolated from the listening area. And since we are limited by the phyical layout of the hosts home I am not sure what we can do about it. (Chatting outside may not be a bad thing in May or June, but it sucks in Jan and Feb, especially up your way   :D)
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Response Audio
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 09:26:30 PM »
I understand home.layouts cannot always accommodate all the needs of a large gathering. Just trying to through some ideas out there. Maybe those who plan to host should just buy a home with a dedicated, soundproof listening room :thumb:

I think this emphasizes my last comments about guest respecting those who are opening their homes to a gathering. Give and take goes both ways.
Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
Custom Vacuum Tube Deaign
www.ResponseAudioNY.com

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2014, 05:30:15 AM »
Maybe send an email to everyone in the club to try to restrict chatting to outside the listening room. 

I think eventually it will catch on....people try to mimic others behavior....sometimes.

Ha .. fat chance with these old biddies. We can't even get 75% of them to come to this forum and post. Technically Challenged is a term for those who find things difficult, but still try them. These guys don't even want to try, for the most part.

You are right though. We are in a transitional growing pains kind of situation. When the group was smaller there seemed to be a common goal, and listening was an integral part of the meeting agenda. With large groups it turns into a "rave" and we all know how much fun those are, but how little listening actually happens.

Perhaps we just need to let go when the crowd is large. I personally like to attend a large gathering, but I only host smaller groups at my home so listening can take place, and because my wife would freak if 50 guys showed up. Mucho payback for moi!
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2014, 04:23:05 PM »
Outside in Jan or Feb would suck to have a conversation but I am sure Charlies Limoncello would help keep you warm :thumb:

it certainly would keep the conversation interesting :duh
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 04:25:11 PM by topround »
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2014, 10:32:20 AM »
  Thanks Sue and Mel for hosting. We all had a great social evening however did not offer much respect for the presenting rep for BG Radia. Maybe because Steve is our club member he did not get the respect deserved. Mel our host the Scientist of the crowd did not have a handle on the Berhinger EQ device. It was down about 7DB which IMO created a presence lacking sound. The BG Radia speakers are known for their presence and clarity. It appeared top heavy as the Carver Subs were not on with CD playback.
   It is totally understandable that when a system is not up to snuff the crowd gets restless. Just needed more adjustments or eliminating the Berhinger from the main speakers and just use for sub EQ.
   It took me awhile to get everyones attention to open the meeting. Now two clubs were there. The culprit BOTH.
   All in all we had a good time though as the Audio BS was shooting left and right.
   See yall in Sept.

charles

Granted it is a good time however we owe it to the presenter to keep the chatter down and listen.

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.