Author Topic: April Meeting  (Read 3585 times)

Offline RussL

• Seeking Help
April Meeting
« on: April 28, 2014, 02:17:07 PM »
Big thanks to Jay for hosting the April meeting and many other past meetings. Jay put out a nice spread as usual but a disappointing turnout. A good meeting was missed by many.

Hosting along with Jay was Jeff Joseph of Joseph Audio. Jeff demoed a pair of his new Perspective loudspeakers fronted by his Bel Canto 3.5VBS DAC and VBS1 power supply. The DAC drove direct to Jay's McIntosh amp.

Let me be the first to say that the Pespectives are gorgeous to look at and terrific to listen to. Extended taut bass, a wide and deep soundstage with terrific tonality and cohesion from top to bottom. Hats off to Jeff.  :thumb: And infinite slope crossovers too.

More manufactures are expected as the club grows in membership and popularity. Next up is Andrew Jones of TAD for our June meeting (thanks Mel). Ooh; I can think of a nice raffle.  :D

Russ

melgross

Re: April Meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »
Well, if I can get ahold of him again. Jeff said that once he couldn't get in contact with Andrew for two months!

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
Re: April Meeting
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 02:52:50 AM »
I enjoyed the meeting at Jay's very much also...in fact, every time I set foot in that room I'm always impressed with what he has done with that conversion. This time the Joseph audio speakers brought especially impressive sounding music to the room...and I would go so far as to say once the first notes formed their "stage" most/many of us were instantly engaged...
Very very impressive for sure. Thanks again to Jay and to Jeff Joseph for a truly "Ear candy" experience.