Author Topic: LampizatOr Rave - Princeton NJ - Oct. 19th  (Read 45225 times)

TarasIv

Re: LampizatOr Rave - Princeton NJ - Oct. 19th
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2013, 08:05:46 AM »
Deepak & Chhaya!

Thank you very much for hosting this party and providing great food. It is a real gift to make everyone feel comfortable!

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2013, 10:33:51 AM »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:38:44 AM by shadowlight »

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:41:17 AM by shadowlight »

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2013, 10:50:05 AM »

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2013, 10:50:49 AM »
:pics?:
No, not worthless of course but it would be nice :D

Crappy pictures uploaded.

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »
Deepak and Chhaya,

Thank you so much for opening your home to the audio crazies once again.  I really enjoyed myself; the food was terriffic as were the sounds.

I didn't hear the downstairs-system, as there was no source.  I did listen to the system in the den with several different amps and sources. My favorite amps were the Maraschino Cherry min-mono blocks. These amps really brought the Zu speakers to life with great projection, image depth and tone.  Perhaps the Zu's need more power than the specs would suggest.
        I liked both of the Lampizator DACs; my preference was the DSD DAC. 

It was great to see familiar faces as well as new ones.    I wish  I'd heard the downstairs-system as well as the room correction device and DAC Chris brought.

Thank you again.

Jim

Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline hifial

• Seeking Help
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2013, 10:37:36 AM »
ATTENTION ALL!!

I was lucky enough to attend the RAVE at Deepak's, who is a hell of a nice guy, and I am also the guy who had Lukasz attend the NJ Audiophile's meeting on Sunday.

Even though Deepak and others had three setups and tried very hard to have a variety systems with different Lampizator DAC's to listen to it might have been better served to have one system tried and true.
Also as is typical at a RAVE equipment that others bring gets swapped in and out. This can make it hard to have a base for comparison.

By chance one of the Metro NJ/NY Audio Clubs I belong too was having one of their monthly meetings the next day. I asked Lukasz if he would be interested in attending so he could introduce himself and his DAC to our members. I also told him there was a chance we might be able to hear his DSD DAC in the system at the meeting. He graciously accepted.

Now I must say that it was very hard to tell how well the DSD DAC or even the BIG SIX sounded because we had no real reference point at Deepak.

But at the NJ Audiophile meeting that would not be a problem. Not with a top EMM LABS DAC and Transport along with equipment matching the quality of the EMM LABS.

This was my first time at this members house and one of the few times I was blown away by the sound I heard at a members house. It was a real treat when Lukasz first had a chance to hear Father Richards system. You could see his EYES pop open and his jaw drop. He knew right away that if we could put his DSD DAC in for a demo it was a system that would tell if he has the goods. Father Richards system has been compared to ones costing $500,000+ in sound. I will not at this time describe the details of the system.

After several hours of listening to the system including DSD from SACD through the EMM LABS Father Richards was gracious enough in letting Lukasz put in his DSD DAC. I brought some DSD files that Lukasz could add to what he planed on playing.

But before I describe what happens next let me tell you that Lukasz gave us a brief description of his work on DSD and thoughts on Audio. He also spent time in awe while listening to music through the system before we inserted his DSD DAC.

It only took a few bars of music for EVERYONE in the room to be able to hear what Lukasz's DSD DAC could do for the playback of music. You could hear people all over the room surprised at how well both Lukasz's DSD DAC and DSD done right could sound. AWE STRUCK is not significant enough to describe it.

Even Lukasz said he did not know it could sound that great.

ALL felt it OUTCLASSED the EMM LABS.

I am intrigued by the Lampizator. As some of you know it takes A LOT to impress my enough to be a FANBOY and post my enthusiasm. AS of now I need to first try the Lampizator PCM/DSD DAC in my system or one other that I am very familiar with.

Until then I give Lukasz's DSD DAC a BIG almost FANBOY.

By the way, the NJ Audiophile Society is planning on hosting a meeting for Lukasz,s Lampizator PCM/DSD in Jan of 2014.
2013MacMini i7 2.3 QC-16GB RAM-128GB SSD(BC-W8+Mt Lion)JRiver+PureMusic-SeagateHD>Thunderbolt>Mac Mini>USB3>exaSounde20MKIII>MerrillAudioVeritas>B&W802D.Mac,HD,e20onSynergistic TranquilityBase>HighFidelity CT-1/CT-1E XLR+SC/PCTWL-StillpointUltraSS/MiniAll

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2013, 10:48:22 AM »
Glad to hear that the DSD Dac was a hit at NJ Society meeting. 

I have to agree that we could have done a better job the RAVE setup and minimize gear swapping.  Oh well, lesson learned for the next time  :thumb:

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2013, 02:41:35 PM »
Thanks for putting up with us once again, Deepak. Well done.

By now we've all learned that a Rave isn't the best place to go to evaluate gear, but you sure can listen to a ton of great music!  I always learn about new tunes at these events, much appreciated guys.

D- Someday you should have a rave where we actually get to hear YOUR system!! :thumb:

-Mike

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »

D- Someday you should have a rave where we actually get to hear YOUR system!! :thumb:

-Mike

Mike,

I hear you. 

I goofed up on the setup for the RAVE  :duh.  For 2-channel music I prefer listening to Soul Superfly so tried to use those in the basement initially but they sounded dead in that large room.  Instead of moving them back to the spare room where they usually reside (my primary listening room) I moved them to family room and let Taras use the bedroom for the Phase Tech speakers.  Next time I plan to leave my primary setup alone and use that as a reference point.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »

-Mike

Mike,

I hear you. 

I goofed up on the setup for the RAVE  :duh.  For 2-channel music I prefer listening to Soul Superfly so tried to use those in the basement initially but they sounded dead in that large room.  Instead of moving them back to the spare room where they usually reside (my primary listening room) I moved them to family room and let Taras use the bedroom for the Phase Tech speakers.  Next time I plan to leave my primary setup alone and use that as a reference point.

+1 :thumb:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L