Author Topic: We Are Growing  (Read 5284 times)

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
We Are Growing
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:30:49 AM »
   To date 40+ members and growing. We have come a long way since our inception.
    Now with dues from 40+ we will be able to do more. We are planning an outdoor summer demo. Remember last year when y'all thought there was live music in the backyard. The BSG QOL was mostly responsible for that feat. It was a modest system consisting of Lenehan S2, Audio Research Classic 60, Promithius passive preamp and a cheap Sony CDP.
    We are growing leaps and bounds and appreciate our members lust for great sound. Your participation is key to our success.
   Next season starting in Sept should be another great year for the Syndrome.
    Thanks to all.

charles
president

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
Re: We Are Growing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:33:26 AM »

Forty members!

Imagine if they all showed up at Bills?
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »

Forty members!

Imagine if they all showed up at Bills?

Emil... we weren't that far off.  The "un-official" count for Friday night was 36, including me! :shock:

Yes, there were a few non-Syndrome member guests here... but 36 is quite a house-full!

I'm glad the meeting was such a success! :thumb:

SN
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 05:38:08 PM by StereoNut »
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline gopher

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 07:38:55 AM »
    We are growing leaps and bounds and appreciate our members lust for great sound. Your participation is key to our success.

Depending on how my life obligations are looking at the time, I'd be interested in joining the crew.  :)

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 08:07:40 AM »

Depending on how my life obligations are looking at the time, I'd be interested in joining the crew.  :)

About $#@%'ing time, Fred!!!  I hope your special "honored guest invite" by me to the May Syndrome meeting that I hosted helped to convince you of that!  :D  Also, don't be so worried about "life's obligations" vs. attending Audio Syndrome meetings.  They are scheduled once a month, ten months (September > June) a year, usually on the second or third Friday evening of the month - depending on holidays etc...  

We don't "take attendance", so you won't be "marked absent", you won't get "detention" or sent to the Principal's office if you miss a meeting!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BTW - I still can't get the song off that LP you brought over out of my head, except I can't think of the artist's name.  :roll:  Ray (?) "Somebody" !?!?! :duh

SN
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:09:52 AM by StereoNut »

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 10:10:15 AM »

Depending on how my life obligations are looking at the time, I'd be interested in joining the crew.  :)

BTW - I still can't get the song off that LP you brought over out of my head, except I can't think of the artist's name.  :roll:  Ray (?) "Somebody" !?!?! :duh

SN

RAY LAMONTAGNE --- "To Love Somebody"... good music, really unique male vocalist...
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline gopher

• Certifiable
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
Bill, 

It was definitely a cool event and I had a ball chatting it up with like minded hobbyists.  Once again for the record:  You rig really surprised and impressed me.  I've always felt VSA speakers to sound a little dead and polite--NOT the case with your rig.  Dynamic, bold and engaging.  Good work!

Pete is right about the author, but I think it was "You Can Bring Me Flowers"  which I played.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 11:34:42 AM »
Pete & Fred: Thanks for "filling in the blank" for me on Ray Lamontagne.  I really liked that cut.  If all of his other music is like that I will have to start buying some of his stuff. :thumb:

Fred: I am glad you enjoyed yourself at the meeting at my house.  Some may disagree, but I feel the social aspect is every bit a part of being a member of the Audio Syndrome as the equipment and music is. (The food and drink certainly doesn't hurt either!  :lol:)

Again, thanks for the kind words on my system. I am convinced that the NYAL Moscode 600 is the biggest reason for my Von's to have "come alive" like they have. (Of course, the 2012 Mods to them had a lot to do with it as well.) My revamped VR-4 Gen.III's are just loving the added horsepower that the Moscode provides.  It has made the music sound effortless and yet (in combination with the Dodd pre-amp) has (I'll use your words here) enabled the system to be "dynamic, bold and engaging."

Yes, I did my homework.  Yes, I had a lot of help from so many of the guys in the Syndrome and elsewhere for guidance and some hands on help.  And yes, everything is sounding really, really good.  But, it also helps to be lucky!  I was extremely fortunate that "the sum of the parts" in my listening room equals a system that I am very happy with.  I have said it over and over again and I'll say it here again... this whole hobby can be summed up in one single word - SYNERGY

Well... maybe it would be more accurate to use two words: synergy and luck!!! ;)

SN
(Bill)

• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 07:36:47 AM »
  50 plus members now and still growing. Twenty Five dollars a year. 10 meetings a year with a Summer Rave style event. Planned Audio Mart in Sept.
    Come join the fun.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.