Author Topic: Woodworker for a case build?  (Read 4289 times)

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Woodworker for a case build?
« on: October 13, 2012, 02:26:00 PM »
Hi guys,

Anyone know of a good and reasonably priced local woodworker, who could build a case (to enclose and supply additional space) for an EE DAC?

Like the case Daedalus Audio built for Bolder for Wayne's Ultimate modded EE DAC, although I don't need anything that elaborate, just attractive.

TIA,
Rob
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline sleepyguy24

Re: Woodworker for a case build?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »
Hi Rob

There was a guy in Hicksville who made custom cabinetry and tables but he closed up shop some years ago. I'll see if I can find out info as to where he had gone. Have you contacted makers of custom wood radiator coverss? They could maybe make something up for you. I know they did some work for my father-in-law a couple of years ago. I'll try to get that info too.

Good luck with search. If you find anything please let me know too. I'm contemplating someone making a wood case for my Accuphase C200 or E-202.

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »
  Two of our club members either Mel G. or Jay L. can do it.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rpf

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »
Thanks Charles.

I've decided to go for a simpler solution. (Velcroing a plastic project box to the top of the DAC chassis to hold the extra large caps I'm using.)
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 09:08:35 AM »
Thanks Charles.

I've decided to go for a simpler solution. (Velcroing a plastic project box to the top of the DAC chassis to hold the extra large caps I'm using.)

Cool. If I was aware of what you needed it for would have suggested a "Cap Girl" to hold thenm in place for ya.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

poloman

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:45:13 PM »
Custom made amp stands available in different finishes.  Ask for info and pricing.