Author Topic: September General Meeting  (Read 6673 times)

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
September General Meeting
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »
  The Sept. meeting will be held at my home Sept 14th. Doors open at 7:30 meeting begins promptly at 8PM. Be on time. Food will be served. 
New additions to system are an Uberbuss for Amps and one for front end. Omega Mikro active cords for Ubers. TWL 7+ cords for Amps. TWL everywhere else. The Arions will be driving the Pipedreams. AMG Toppers on the Pipes. BSG QOL of course.
  All Alan Maher CBF devices have been removed from panel wire bundles and circuit. Only one remaining is in duplex box that feeds system. A conflict with the TWL 7+ design caused the change. Just too many crystals going on.
  We will post the official meeting notice shortly. Hoping to have a mystery DAC we shall see.

charles
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 08:01:25 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
Re: September General Meeting
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »
Will the music come from LPs or Digital?

Offline rollo

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 07:20:09 AM »
Both. Mostly CD though to listen to members music.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:49:41 AM »
Will the Lenehan PDX Dac be used ? If yes, should i being my laptop for you to connect  to it?

Offline rollo

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 07:34:29 AM »
  No PDX this time. Using the Plinius CD 101 player. See ya there.

charles

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 07:48:49 AM »
Ok, I have some incredible recordings I could play that will make it sound like a LP is playing.

Let em know if you change your mind.

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 04:52:25 AM »
I had a nice time Charles...good food, good conversations and great music...what else can someone ask for?  The outside system defined the term "open" (no walls = "NO WALLS"...amazing!) and the Pipedreams (especially with vinyl and Qol) sounded great.
Thanks again for hosting!

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 06:35:20 AM »
I had a nice time Charles...good food, good conversations and great music...what else can someone ask for?  The outside system defined the term "open" (no walls = "NO WALLS"...amazing!) and the Pipedreams (especially with vinyl and Qol) sounded great.
Thanks again for hosting!

Ditto!... Likewise, a great time as usual!  :thumb: Thank you to you & JoAnn (for putting up with you)!  :rofl:

Cheers,
Pete  :beer:

Picture of the outdoor nighttime system...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:04:53 AM by Triode Pete »
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 07:24:50 AM »
Double ditto.   :D  Although I couldn't stay long because of sciatica, I enjoyed the company, food and music. Getting there early I was able to hear both systems solo and they were great.

Thanks Charles & Joann!
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 08:14:24 AM »
+4 :thumb:

Loved the outdoor system.  The best room is NO room! :rofl:  Great eats (BTW, Jo you cook some killer Chinese food!), great friends and conversation.  It's nice to see our membership growing - welcome aboard to all new members!  

Bill
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 09:06:37 AM »
 Glad to hear all had a good time. Thanks for the kind words. The Mapleshade cords demonstrated along with the Mapleshade speaker cables just did not cut it. They brightened the main system. Went back to the Lenehan R-Tek speaker cables when all were gone and all was normal again.
   Although the latest Mapleshade powercord did eliminate any perceived smearing the brightness just cancelled out the benefit. Using one cord to the UberBuss feeding the Amps and QOL actually was quite good, however bright and irritating. Adding the second Mapleshade cord to another Uberbuss feeding the Preamp, CDP and TT just did not cut it. Going back to the TWL 8Ga+ cords was like butter. Synergy I guess.
   General consenses was the cords had Merritt but did not make an improvement in our system worth the expense.
    BTW thanks to Pete for discovering the reason the sound just sucked from the main system. The QOL was not properly set up as before. Someone was messing with it. Thanks Pete. Bill thanks for the help taking down the outdoor system, my poor back.

charles
president

ltr317

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »
Thanks to you and JoAnn for hosting.  It was a great start to the club's meeting season.  I didn't know JoAnn cooked Chinese food, maybe she can give me some recipes?   I really enjoyed the outside system.  If a smoother CD player was in the mix, it would be killa!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:29:55 AM by ltr317 »

Offline rollo

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »
 Got that right Paul. The Ol Sony CD/SACD player has had its day. VG transport but no cigar.

charles

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 06:46:38 PM »
... Bill thanks for the help taking down the outdoor system, my poor back.

charles
president

You're welcome! :)
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L