Author Topic: April Syndrome meeting  (Read 4224 times)

ltr317

April Syndrome meeting
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:11:36 AM »
The April meeting will be held at JL's place on the evening of Friday the 27th.  Doors open at 7 pm and meeting starts at 8 pm.  Members should have received the notice via email by now.  Club officer nominations will be held at this meeting, and members have a last chance to pay this year's annual dues by the end of this month. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:13:16 AM by ltr317 »

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: April Syndrome meeting
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »
   We will have the latest Arion 500W/ch mono block amps [ new circuit boards and trannies ] to make nice with the B&W 802s. BTW his home theater is one bad arse system, be prepared and bring some music videos. Just awesome.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline bhobba

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
We will have the latest Arion 500W/ch mono block amps [ new circuit boards and trannies ] to make nice with the B&W 802s. BTW his home theater is one bad arse system, be prepared and bring some music videos. Just awesome.

On your advice mate I have ordered a pair of those mono-blocks.  Some initial scuttlebutt I heard is they blew away some top of the line Brystons which has really whetted my appetite so am looking forward to your and the other guys impressions.

Must say I am not a big fan of the 802D's - heard a pair and thought they were out of balance being bass heavy with a grungy midrange.  Saw the measurements - the frequency response was going down and they had two obvious suck-outs at the crossovers.  But I have seen posts here were some crossover tweaks really made them sing.

Thanks
Bill

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 07:18:32 AM »
  These 802s have modified crossovers by S&G custom Sound. The math was just wrong. Recalculated and with better parts they sound really good.
   The Arions should have a nice synergy we shall see. Your Amps should be ready shortly.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

ltr317

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:03:35 AM »
Thanks to Jay for hosting the meeting.  The new video setup was killa.  Lots of fun hearing the Arions battle with the McIntosh.  There were preferential votes for both amps as to which sounded better. 

Online Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »
Lots of fun hearing the Arions battle with the McIntosh.  There were preferential votes for both amps as to which sounded better. 

Really?, the older Mac SS amp sounded dark compared to the Arion which was more lively, lifelike & more dynamic... unfortunately, the buzz from the ground-loop experienced was a bit annoying... well, you have my vote...

Thanks Jay for a fun evening!

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic