Author Topic: February Meeting  (Read 4619 times)

ltr317

February Meeting
« on: February 16, 2012, 08:52:29 AM »
The February NY Audio Syndrome meeting will be held at Tom M's spacious igloo on the evening of Friday the 24th.  Meeting notice has been dispatched to club members.  Anyone else who wishes to attend as a guest please contact Charles Rollo or myself.  Thanks.

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
Re: February Meeting, Thanks!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »
Thanks Tom!  I had a really nice time...from all the great food to your tremendous system (those gorgeous tubes feeding the big Thiels was rich, powerful and detailed) as well as upstairs with the 3.5's... it was a real treat. You guys really pulled it off, and with such a big turnout! Great job.

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: February Meeting
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 07:22:38 AM »
  A good time had by all. Thanks Tom. It was fun listening to everyones different music.
  The PDX DAC when first installed had no right channel playing. Guru Kovak of Miracle Audio jumped in found problem  and re-soldered the output cap that Customs did a number on. They cut the plastic ties holding the Dueland VSF caps in place as well as the wire going into the board.  Thanks Mark.
  We installed the DAC in the upstairs system which consisted of a Audible Illusions Pre, Moscode amp and Thiel speakers. Sounded wonderfull. A special thanks to Mike Lenehan for sending his personal unit from Australia for us to demonstrate.
  Tom's main system [ the corporation ] produced some nice music. That AR VT 200 amp is huge, powerfull and dead quite.  Music emerged from a black background. Harmonice were easily recognized as well as the decay of notes. Open, airy and dynamic. A tad of extra upper frequency energy on some Cd's was evident. A very neutral presentation. when the CD or LP was recorded well the experience was breathtaking. Those darn Engineers. We are at their mercy.
   Last it was great to see Pumpkinman again, he drove a long way and we hope he had a good time.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:51:51 AM »
Tom,
Had a great time... It was nice to meet Bill, aka Pumpkinman... We shared a few laughs.

Systems sounded great even with huge crowd!

Sorry had to book a bit early bit had to head upstate...in Schenectady now...

Thanks,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:59:49 AM »
Yup - what they said ...
 :thumb:

Now, when are you going to be able to compile the list of tracks that were played by everyone? Some really neat things there.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
As usual, great meeting, Tom.  Although, somehow I think this was the best one you've hosted so far.  Maybe 2X the sytems = 2X the fun!?!

It was nice to see most of the usual suspects and to meet honored long-distance guest, Mr. Pumpkinking himself, Bill.

Stuffed smoked jalapenos were OUTRAGEOUS!!!  :drool:
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

eleazar

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »
I'd like to say Thanks to Tom and the boys for putting up with me.  :shock:
I had a great time at the meeting and now I know Pete, Bill and Grant from A/N. Sat. was round 2 as we ended up at Infinity records with BobM. and a session of tunes at Bob's place.  :thumb:

Had A Great Time...........Bill

lonewolfny42

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 03:53:13 AM »
Any other comments about the PDX DAC ?

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »
Any other comments about the PDX DAC ?

Unfortunately the PDX did not make it into the main system.  Listening to everyones music just took to long, a treat it was to listen. We will feature the PDX at our next  March. We were not sure if the repair was correct. It worked and sounded Ok however some suggested it was out of phase. I did not think so.  Getting a laptop this week and will put it through its paces. We will also check out the caps to see if they are orientated correctly.
   Chris hope to see at our next meeting at Mel's place.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »
The meeting was Great! Tom, your main system sound great!

The PDX dac for the next meeting should be using a Mac laptop, not a windows so do not get one Charles.