Author Topic: October Syndrome meeting  (Read 6700 times)

ltr317

October Syndrome meeting
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »
The Oct. meeting will be held at Bob G's place.  Meeting notice just emailed to club members.  Anyone else wishing to attend the meeting, please contact Charles Rollo or myself for particulars. 

Cheers,
Paul

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
Re: October Syndrome meeting
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:31:28 PM »
The Oct. meeting will be held at Bob G's place.  Meeting notice just emailed to club members.  Anyone else wishing to attend the meeting, please contact Charles Rollo or myself for particulars.  

Cheers,
Paul

Sorry Paul, who's Bob G?  Bob Guccione?  That'd be turwific. :thumb:

ltr317

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:38:44 PM »
The Oct. meeting will be held at Bob G's place.  Meeting notice just emailed to club members.  Anyone else wishing to attend the meeting, please contact Charles Rollo or myself for particulars.  

Cheers,
Paul

Sorry Paul, who's Bob G?  Bob Guccione?  That'd be turwific. :thumb:

Yeah, he's one of our members.  Don't tell anyone though!  :-$
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:40:26 PM by ltr317 »

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 02:44:12 PM »
Geldof? Gibson?

ltr317

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:38:55 PM »
Geldof? Gibson?

Hi Mike,

They are Syndrome members too!  We got quite a few celebrities in our little club. 

Paul

Watch for Weber to give Vettle a run for his money next year, just like last year. 

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 05:17:40 PM »
Ooohhh, so tempted to thread-jack! Must...resist...bait...

I'll save it for the Vettel As World Champ thread that'll begin Sunday!

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 07:58:06 AM »
  An interesting venue. Two identical systems set up in different rooms. A demonstration of proper room placement of speakers and how the room affects the presentation.
  Robert is located in Queens, NY. PM me for directions. All are welcome. The Uberbuss will make an appearance as well.
charles
SMA

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline James Edward

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:21 PM »
Thank you Robert and Roberta for a great meeting. Not only was the audio concept(nearfield listening) a different one, the kitchen table was loaded with all sorts of great things to eat.
Anyone that listened got to hear things from a different perspective. I think a lot of us thought the toe-in was extreme, but in the end it proved to be just about right.
Tonight was a treat; thanks to Roberta for opening up the house to us audio types, and thanks to Rob for the work in setting up the two rooms...
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 09:09:09 AM »
Last nights meeting was very nice. A huge thank you to both Bob and Roberta for hosting us and being so great hosts.

We had a nice turnout athe eveing was fun. Charles, you recover quickly, we missed your charm at this venue

The layout of food and drink was really nice.

Paul

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
Thanks Bob and Roberta, The hospitality was warm and much appreciated and the systems were certainly ear-opening....I didn't know such good music could be had in such small spaces and I now have a new viewpoint on what computer digital can do. Thanks again.

Offline rollo

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 10:01:14 AM »
  Sounds like ya'all had a good time. Feeling pretty good today.
   I have been spending a lot o time evaluating the Lenehan ML-1 Reference, Ribbontek IC's and speaker cables. 
   These Lenehans are growing on me. They have a clarity and presence that challenges my Pipedreams. To be honest I believe they are more refined. They cannot equal the scale which is intoxicating but the tone is pure and gets one deep into the music.
   However the biggest improvement is the addition of the Uberbuss. To date this is the only power conditioner that has made it past one week in my system. All others have yielded poor results. This one gets out of the way and provides a clear dead quite background.
  So good Swap Meet Audio with the blessing of PI audio will offer in an home demo of the Uberbuss as well as their digital power cable. 
   Every once in a while a product comes along that is out of bounds. This is it. Yes we have an interest in this product and believe you will as well.

charles
SMA

Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 06:59:44 AM »
Just getting a minute to post here. (Very busy weekend.) I essentially want to "second" all of the nice things already said. Not only were Robert's near-field listening rooms a new experience for me, I was surprised at how the move from one of the back 2 seats to the front & center "sweet spot" made such a drastic difference.  Instead of the music being "in your face" by being so close, it (the sound) actually moved further away from you (behind the speakers) and soundstage opened up and spread wider. It was a very interesting agenda, that had to make people re-think the possibilities of audio in small rooms.  Best of all, Robert & Roberta proved to be very gracious hosts to Friday night's meeting. Thanks for opening your home to all of us.

SN
(Bill)
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

rjgilliard

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 06:24:14 AM »
Thanks to you all for coming over. I had a great time in the company of your kindred spirits and I was gratified to see the membership apparently enjoying themselves on Friday and then to read the followup comments put the icing on the cake for me.

Thanks everyone,
Bob

Offline rollo

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 08:30:00 AM »
Thanks to you all for coming over. I had a great time in the company of your kindred spirits and I was gratified to see the membership apparently enjoying themselves on Friday and then to read the followup comments put the icing on the cake for me.

Thanks everyone,
Bob

Hey Bob nice to see you posting here. All had a great time. Thanks to you and Roberta for your time and effort.
  Hopefully will will see you contribute to this wonderfull place.

charles
president
SMA

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 09:30:33 AM »

Thanks everyone,
Bob

Great to see you on board here at AN. I hope you can become a regular contributor. Sorry I couldn't make it last Friday , but I had a prior BSA committment. Sound like it was a good meeting.

Tom
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables