Author Topic: May Meeting  (Read 48714 times)

Offline Bill O'Connell

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • http://www.morningstaraudio.com
Re: May Meeting
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2011, 04:53:54 AM »
It's funny how one imagine's somebody without ever meeting. Pete is a lot younger then expected. Maybe because of his love of SET's or him being a Tannoy man that had me thinking grey haired (hoary headed) wise old sage or what.  :lol:
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2011, 05:56:54 AM »
It's funny how one imagine's somebody without ever meeting. Pete is a lot younger then expected. Maybe because of his love of SET's or him being a Tannoy man that had me thinking grey haired (hoary headed) wise old sage or what.  :lol:

Hey Bill,

I'm still "imagining" how Bill O'Connell looks like.  May be RMAF this year I will meet you in person? :D

Shek

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2011, 07:57:14 AM »
That's our Tim Evans. :)
I missed posting this pix.  It's the gentleman demo'ing the Onix..... :thumb:
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2011, 10:26:26 AM »

I had an early start with my 2 older brothers (10 & 11 yrs older) and their friends being young audiophiles with their McIntosh, Crown, JBL, Klipsch, Marantz, Thorens, etc. gear... My one brother blew one of his woofers on his fairly new JBL L100 speakers by bridging Crown DC 300A amps together for an outdoor party... I inherited those speakers immediately and rebuilt the woofer with a JBL woofer rebuild kit...I was hooked & the rest is history...my 89 year old Dad still uses them in his living room... through my brothers & their friends, I was introduced to Dr. Arthur Loesch (probably the first one (in the SET revival, that is) to use Western Electric tubed SET amps in the USA and John Wiesner who built all of Arthur's designs (including the famous phonostage). The integrity, layout & quality of John's builds is the best I've ever seen... real good stuff! Both Arthur & John have various vintage Tannoy loudspeakers in their homes & that's where I got hooked on Tannoys & SET's (probably in the mid-90's or so...). The rest is learned from mistakes & improve your system(s) along the way...
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline Hugh

• Angel City Audio
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2011, 02:56:51 PM »
Thanks Pete.
Cool, now I know who Charles is. :)

Pete must be the one in Pic. 18 with the PC as a loose tie? ;) :)

Yep, that'd be Pete.  He mentioned he is cooking up some PC's for Deepak's gtg too. :)

Yes, for Deepak, Hugh & Tim, I have four, six foot cables that starting "cooking" today... two "Eight" AWG's for the amps,  a "Ten" AWG for the preamp & a "Twelve" for the digital sources...
Hugh Nguyen
Angel City Audio
Exclusive Melody US Distributor