Author Topic: May Meeting  (Read 48826 times)

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
Re: May Meeting
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 11:38:20 PM »
I will be attendind!

Offline joeinid

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 09:45:31 AM »
Hi,

I am new local member. Thank you to Lissnr for turning me on the this site and the club meetings. Looking forward to next month. Thanks!

Joe

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 09:54:27 AM »
Hi,

I am new local member. Thank you to Lissnr for turning me on the this site and the club meetings. Looking forward to next month. Thanks!

Joe

Welcome aboard Joe.  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline joeinid

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »

[/quote]

Welcome aboard Joe.  :thumb:
[/quote]

Thanks!!!

Happy to be here.

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2011, 10:57:17 AM »
  Hey Joe welcome to our humble thread. Glad to have you here and looking forward to meeting you.

charles
president audiosyndrome
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline joeinid

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 11:38:41 AM »
  Hey Joe welcome to our humble thread. Glad to have you here and looking forward to meeting you.

charles
president audiosyndrome

Thanks. I can feel the love already. I'm looking forward to some fun times  :D

Offline mikef

• Seeking Help
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 11:39:41 AM »
I'd like to attend - thanks for the invite, Pete!

Mike Fox

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 01:34:29 AM »
Will there be two locations for this meetings as per the original plans ?

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 04:58:05 AM »
As of now it is one location due to prior commitments for that date on my part...but there could be a chance, maybe, late that day, if I can make it back with any time to spare. Regardless, Pete's is going to be THE hot place to be... 

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »
Pete, I would love to attend.
having heard your system before I know how great it is.
But alas I have to go to my nieces birthday party.

everyone enjoy, erase your biases about horns

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2011, 02:09:55 PM »
Pete, I would love to attend.
having heard your system before I know how great it is.
But alas I have to go to my nieces birthday party.

everyone enjoy, erase your biases about horns

Mike

Mike,
You will be missed! However, there will be other times, my friend!!  :beer:

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 01:59:28 PM »
Hi Pete,

Paul, Tree and I would like to attend. I'm also sending you a PM about your PCs.

Thanks,
Rob
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »
Hi Pete,

Paul, Tree and I would like to attend. I'm also sending you a PM about your PCs.

Thanks,
Rob

OKIEDOKIE... see you then!

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

ltr317

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »
A formal May meeting notice has been emailed to Syndrome members, as well as contacts of the other NYC area clubs.  Remember this is an RSVP meeting.  And for the thankfully diminishing few who still live in caves and cannot or will not get internet access (hint, hint  :D), the notice will be sent via pony express tomorrow. 

Paul Mah
You know who I am  8)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
Guys,
Here's the official meeting notice that Paul Mah put together... please RSVP if you have not already... thanks!

4 May 2011

AUDIO SYNDROME
MAY 2011 MEETING NOTICE

Rave on Wayne, rave on Garth!

Member “Triode” Pete has graciously volunteered to host a Rave type meeting on Saturday, May 21st at his Massapequa home.  Doors open at 12 noon and the rave will end at 8 p.m.  There’s a possibility member lissnr, who lives near Pete, will be able to open his home for listening to his system later in the afternoon.  Member Mark Kovacs will bring his new solid state phonograph preamp if it is completed by the date of the meeting.

Please RSVP by May 15th to the host.  Since all other NY area audio clubs are invited to this meeting, it is essential to determine the number of people attending, to ensure enough food is provided.  Attendees are encouraged to bring appetizers, deserts, and beverages.  If a non-RSVP guest shows up and partakes in the grub, both arms and feet will be tied, and the person will be hung upside down from the ceiling by the Syndrome elite guard.   

Pete has a heated salt water pool, and encourages attendees to bring a bathing suit for a temporary watery respite from the audio madness. 

Besides listening to Pete’s system, Tim Evans (East St Audio) will be presenting a Melody AN 211 16 watt stereo Integrated amplifier and ACA stand mounted Trinity speakers, utilizing two custom 7” woofers and a ring radiator tweeter. 

Pete’s main system: Vintage Rosewood Klipschorns with Alnico magnet drivers with original design Crites Type A crossovers.  Loesch & Wiesner Tube Phono & Line Stage Pre-amp with dual monoblock tube regulated power supplies.   Wiesner Convertible 2A3 - 45 Single Ended Triode monoblocks.  Well Tempered Classic Turntable with Grado Reference Sonata cartridge.  Goldenote Stibbert 6DJ8 tube CD player.  Sony DVP-9000ES SACD player.  Triode Wire Labs power cables.  DH Labs speaker cables.  Silnote Morpheus Limited Edition reference interconnects as well as many DIY interconnects. 

In addition, the PI Group will be sending an Uber Buss Rev B., some power cables and other goodies to audition, courtesy of Dave Elledge (PI Audio President).

Peter also has a secondary system: Vintage 12" Tannoy Gold Dual Concentrics in Custom Tannoy MusicSeeker Cherry Cabinets (tuned port down to 26 Hz).  Steve Short Custom 171A Single Triode Line Stage preamp with dual monoblock tube regulated power supplies.  Loesch & Wiesner Convertible 300B-50-10 Single Ended Triode monoblocks.  Philips 963SA SACD / CD player, TADAC 12AU7 Tube Dac,  Triode Wire Labs power cables.  Kimber / Bear Labs Silverstreak speaker cables.  Variety of IC's. 

As if two systems isn’t enough sonic fun, there is a third system in Pete’s garage (Dahlquist & Polk monitors).  That system can be set up outside, weather permitting.

For this Rave type meeting, the “guest” equipment will be demonstrated on his second system, where the revolving door of audio mayhem will be in full tilt.  This is a good opportunity to bring your Avantgarde Trios that you weren’t able to haul to Jay’s meeting last month.

The voting results for club officers will be announced during the club portion of the meeting.  Reminder: members in good standing have until May 16th to vote via closed ballot.  Elected officers will take up their positions at the September meeting. 

PM Triode Pete to RSVP & for his address in Massapequa 11758.

For those who wish to use the LIRR (they need the money), the Massapequa train station is less than two miles from Pete’s residence.  Try to arrange a pickup from the station prior to the meeting date with fellow members, or as a last resort call the host to arrange a pickup to his place on the meeting date.  Club members will only make a limited number of train runs for pickup.  If there is a significant number of people taking the LIRR, it is best to coordinate taking the same train, though best of all is to find a ride and car pool. 
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS