Author Topic: March meeting - NY Audio Ravers and AN members welcome!  (Read 4808 times)

ltr317

March meeting - NY Audio Ravers and AN members welcome!
« on: March 02, 2011, 02:34:52 PM »
Our March meeting will be at Rich I.'s mancave on Friday evening, March 18th.  A meeting notice with particulars will be emailed and snail mailed soon to Syndrome members.  Any non-members who are interested in attending the meeting please contact either Charles R. or myself.  Thanks.

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: March meeting - NY Audio Ravers and AN members welcome!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »
  Vintage Mc Intosh gear and a home theatre. Two separate rooms . Oh my!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

ltr317

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:41:49 PM »
Meeting notice has been sent to Syndrome members.  Anyone else who wished to attend please RSVP to Charles R. or myself as the host wants a head count to determine how much food to provide.  Thanks. 

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:33:40 AM »
  Vintage Mc Intosh gear and a home theatre. Two separate rooms . Oh my!!

charles

I would like to thank Rich for a wonderful time! The food & his venue was excellent. His home theatre was the best I've ever seen in a home! Quite impressive!

Thanks again,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 08:33:48 AM »
  I'll second that. That Mitsubishi 1080i projector and the Oppo DVD layer was some combo. The picture was perfect. The carver 7 channel did not disappoint driving the PSB speakers.
  The ol Mac did its thing in the 2 channel system as well. That SS mac preamp with a BRYSTON CDP was pretty darn good. I kept lookin for a subwoofer but none to be found for the two channel system. the Mac amp was an original unmodde affair. Made in the sixties it used Mylar caps, which smear things a little but it was so non fatiguing it did not matter.
  Lots of fun had by all. The food the company [ 25 guys] and to boot a loverly home. BTW the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame concert video was killer. Check it out if you have a home theatre.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 08:42:18 AM »
Thanks Rich and Paula- Great food and drink, and a great home to host an event. I heard next month was open... :lol:

The home theater never looked better. And the sound from the processor and Sunfire amp was incredible. Charge admission next time!

I think you need to leave a two channel system in the living room- I had never heard any Mac gear before, so thanks for the intro.

Thanks again for a great night.

Jim
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

drews_hifi

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »
I'll add my thanks to Rich and Paula for food, wine, hosting.  The best home theater I've seen/heard.  The blue rays sounded great, I felt that I had a real taste of "being there" for MSG and crossroads concert.

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 11:53:53 AM »
Rich, I'm going to ditto what Pete said, thank you for the wonderful hospitality, great food, beautiful home and your patient wife. I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 channel Mac system, especially when Pete's cord made the scene. And your home theater was outstanding! I've always known I wanted one "someday" but yours just amplified the urgency factor. Really cool concert video too. Thanks again.  Grant

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 11:57:45 AM »
I's heading to the library to check out the rock and roll hall of fame video. Definitely want to see all of that myself.

Thanks for a great time Rich.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 05:30:49 AM »
Rich

+1 to all of the wonderful responses above!  I couldn't agree more.  The Home Theatre was awesome, the 2-channel system (after Pete jacked up the gain on the amp and adjusted the Pre-amp down) was really nice, food was great and your home is absolutely beautiful.  I'm very glad I was able to make it.

Bill

P.S. to Paula: Thanks for having us and being such a gracious hostess.
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L