Author Topic: October Syndrome meeting  (Read 3452 times)

ltr317

October Syndrome meeting
« on: October 13, 2010, 09:50:13 AM »
The October Syndrome meeting will be held at the palace of Jay Lawrence, on the Friday evening of the 22nd.  All are welcome!  Please pm either Charles Rollo or myself for travel directions.

poloman

Re: October Syndrome meeting
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 02:16:16 PM »
The Meeting went great.  Although only 10 guys showed up.  The meeting went late and I was having problems with one speaker.  I think It's a crossover problem, because I just changed out the woofers in the left spkr with new drivers from B&W.  So we hooked up some Polks and Infinity towers and had the shootout in the main room.  But by then most had left.  Im selling the B&W's,  after they are fixed.  Also the Infinity sub.  Im going to upgrade to the Nautilus 802's.  Now that will be something!!

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 07:25:46 AM »
 Glad to hear all had a good time. Next meeting at Jims the day after Thanksgiving. See ya all then.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:58:53 AM »
The Meeting went great.  Although only 10 guys showed up.  The meeting went late and I was having problems with one speaker.  I think It's a crossover problem, because I just changed out the woofers in the left spkr with new drivers from B&W.  So we hooked up some Polks and Infinity towers and had the shootout in the main room.  But by then most had left.  Im selling the B&W's,  after they are fixed.  Also the Infinity sub.  Im going to upgrade to the Nautilus 802's.  Now that will be something!!

Jay,

Be careful about buying 802s. We had a discussion here about a month ago about how replacement drivers for the 802 were no longer made and very hard to find. I don't know if that was for all 802s or just a particular vintage, but before you put money on the table for a pair you might want to look into this. Better safe that sorry.

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=2524.0
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables