Author Topic: Alan Maher CBFs  (Read 34696 times)

evan1

Re: Alan Maher CBFs
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 07:23:45 AM »
Thanks Even. Has anyone tried these over speaker binding posts? Any effect? I thought I saw someone try this successfully over a tweeter magnet, but I can't be sure.

Applications:

1. Main Wire bundle inside the service panel prior to the main breaker - use zip-tie (lower panel noise)
2. Circuit breaker - use double stick mounting tape on either bottom or side of breaker (increased dynamics)
3. Over spare AC outlet of AV duplex - use double stick mounting tape (increased resolution and dynamics)
4. AC male - use zip-tie (increased bass performance)
5. AC male and IEC - use zip-tie (increased dynamics and openness)
6. Centered over small transformer (increased tonal purity)

Speakers are my next target. I need 2 more though.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 07:31:03 AM »
I just got 4 from the Syndrom group buy. One went into the panel on the main bundle, one went inside my power "hub/conditioner" where I branch from the cord coming in to the separate outlets feeding the amp and CD player. My phono stage and preamp are on a different line and don't plug into the hub. The other 2 CBF's are in limbo right now and subject to move, but I tie-wrapped them to the speaker binding posts just for the hell of it.

Now obviously I can't say what effect this had, and I'm not going to wait 21 days to try out each one separately to do this scientifically. I'm just wondering if this is an effective place to use these extra 2 or if I would be beter off putting them elsewhere, like on the phono stage and preamp power cords, or on the circuit breaker for each line feeding the system.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:59:48 AM by BobM »
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

evan1

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 07:43:30 AM »
I have them
The mains coming in
circuit breaker
Preamp powercord male and female end with zipties
On male end of cd powercord

all of which is going to my comditoner

they say to place a lot of them on or in the cd player

I also need 1 to go behind my wall outlet

Joe is using Alan's infiniti speaker filter, but doesn't say much about them

evan1

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 07:44:56 AM »
I think someone on AA asked about using them on speaker wire but didn't get a response

evan1

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2010, 07:06:57 AM »
This may help

he has speaker cables listed in his description

From facebook

Alan Maher BREAKING NEWS: The new Infinity, Signature, and Scorpion Passive Cable Filters will be available during the September 1-7 sale…Official release date is November 26 (Black Friday). Each package comes with 4 passive filters…only 1 filter is required per cable (AC, Analog IC, Digital IC, and Speaker Cable). Price: Infin...ity: $100.00, Signature: $120.00, and Scorpion: $140.00 per set of 4.

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2010, 07:29:50 AM »
Well any feel for them yet ? When I installed all [7] there was a brief ah ha moment then as before the bass went south and the soudstage shrunk. In about 9 days that will subside and begin to open up.
   The bass will arrive in full in 3 weeks. People get ready a la the Chambers Brothers "Theres a train a coming".

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

evan1

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »
I'm going through good and bad moments right now with them. Mostly good . Better imaging and detail

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2010, 07:46:33 AM »
Mine sounded OK at first, and then very quickly had a soundstage shrinkage. Last night I took the 2 off the speaker cables. One went over the panel breaker. The other was wedged between the preamp power cord and the phono stage power cord where they plug into the outlet (2 for the pice of one  :thumb:).

The soundstage opened up with more detail, depth, and space.

Offline rollo

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »
Amazing little suckers eh. Let the good times roll.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 06:05:18 PM »
  So last night's listen was the 1 week point... these ARE fascinating little buggers. As I first mentioned at 24hrs there was very good initial "potential": opened stage and improved detail among other subtleties that were positive. Last night the base was almost completely gone. Almost Completely....GONE.... That which was left was only a shadow of its former self and most of it was just the sub... Amazing.
  On the plus side, the detail has become more evident without being etched, but without the base there's almost no "Body" or meat-on-the-bones to anything or anyone producing music.. They're in exact locations... they're well placed left-right and getting really nicely portrayed front-back... but they're ghosts without the lower registers to really make them seem real.
  Scary. Weird. I absolutely would not be believing this if anyone else was telling me this (just as so many reading this who don't have their own will be understandably highly skeptical). If this is truly another example of something science can't explain that does actually work (just like how amazingly well a good powercord will improve your system over a stock cord...and we KNOW that's the truth), then it just proves again how far science still has to go to explain the unknown.
   Anyway, bring my base back and leave the rest as it currently is and I'll already be happy...more than that will be more than I could ask for. Still being:
ppppppatient (countdown: 13 days to go until the magic 21...).

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 05:43:06 AM »
Bass ... Bass ... Bass
 :duh

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 07:53:59 AM »

"Base-ball been berry berry good to me."
   Chico Escuela
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline rollo

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 08:05:59 AM »

"Base-ball been berry berry good to me."
   Chico Escuela

Ju know I'm just happy to be here playing the Beisball. ju know a team player is berry berry good. I love da beisball and CBF s too.

charles

Offline Lissnr

• Seeking Help
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 10:53:31 AM »
   When it comes to the low frequencies, I've always spelled it BASS... but that's a fish; and you know what it is when you take off the B...   A base is where you stand before you hit your home-run; but when you take away that B, what do you have? Then again, you have the two musical instruments: a 'stand-up bass' and the bass guitar... so, I guess : "b"+ "ace", when it comes to my woofers...should be spelled bass, as long as I'm not talking stereos while I'm fishing for bass. Right?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 10:55:46 AM »