Author Topic: Re: January 2010 Meeting.  (Read 5307 times)

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
Re: January 2010 Meeting.
« on: January 22, 2010, 09:46:20 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Paul here writing to inform everyone that this latest meeting for the Audio Syndrome was a great success. I have started a new Topic labeled Re: because the original post deviated away from the topic at hand. Please keep this thread on the topic at hand and not deviate.

We got a lot accomplished , and we are moving forward a a nice pace. The overall atmosphere was pleased and the host Jim did a great Job! We now have our meetings set for the remainder of the season and I can't tell you how great that is to know in advance.

The elections for both officers and Committee members shall take place at next months meeting. We have three new members who have joined and the Syndrome is in good hands.

Kudos to your Charles for your efforts and management!

Paul

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 10:38:27 PM »
Peace and tranquility once again reign over the land and all is right with the world.   :clap:

Jim, thanks for opening your home to us and putting up with what ended up being quite a bit more time spent on business items than we usually do. Loved your Moscode.

Great food, great sound, great music, great fellowship and everybody left with a smile on their face. It doesn't get any better than that!   :thumb:

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:49:30 AM »
So how about the names of the new officers?
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:11:39 AM »
In order to include several members who were unable to be there last night and to keep the "business" part of the meeting from intruding too much on out listening time, it was decided that the balloting would be done via e-mails before some time over the next few weeks and the results announced at the Feb. meeting. (Electronic voting will also eliminate any possibility of hanging chads  :lol: ) Details to follow.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 07:26:50 AM »
So how about the names of the new officers?

Paul M. as Secry, Tom Magg. as Treas. and Paul Led. and Me running for President. Its exciting again.  :thumb:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 07:23:39 AM »
Kudos!

:clap:

To Jim:
for hosting his first Syndrome meeting.  Very nice place and system, great eats and plenty of hospitality!

To Charles R.:
for extending an olive branch and then keeping a very involved agenda "organized and on task" for the business end of the meeting.

To Charles R. and Paul L.:
for putting all of the recent issues between them, behind them and moving forward.

To Everyone:
for showing up to a very important meeting to offer additional ideas and comments re: club by-laws, etc...  

• Extra special thanks to those who took the extra time and made the effort to draft up the bylaws beforehand, so we had the opportunity to accomplish as much as we did at our meeting.

• Additional thanks to all those who "stepped up to the plate" and agreed to host one of the remaining meetings for the year.  Having active participants to host meetings is and will always be the "lifeblood" of the Syndrome.

To Our Newest Members:
for seeing past the more than usual "business agenda" of the meeting and having enough faith to join up nonetheless.  May you all be active participants and make yourselves part of the continued growth and future success of the Syndrome.

To Our Election Nominees:
for offering your time and efforts towards serving in the role of elected officials in the club.  Good luck to all!

To The Syndrome:
for keeping it's own identity as The Syndrome and not trying to morph itself into being something it's not or becoming a clone of any other club.

Here's looking forward to the upcoming February meeting!  :thumb:

SN
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:59:40 AM by StereoNut »
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 07:42:15 AM »
You guys rock!  Congrats on your self-empowerment.  :thumb:

Deton Nation

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 08:18:56 AM »
So who won the smackdown 2010?
M

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 08:20:58 AM »
Only previews at this point. The election will be in February, so the ad's should start flying soon leading up to the main event.  :roll:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
So who won the smackdown 2010?
M

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.