Author Topic: January 2010 Meeting  (Read 14523 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Re: January 2010 Meeting
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2010, 11:05:04 PM »
Pete,

What's the deal with only three games, half a day?

The meeting was actually quite successful. We agree to a general framework for a small set of bylaws with details to be worked on my a committee which will report back next month.

Nominations for officers were accepted and the election will be held prior to the next meeting via E-mail ballots. A letter about the voting procedure will be sent out shortly.

More importantly there was a general concern for the welfare and future direction of the club with much cooperation and no partisanship among the members. When  asking for a volunteer to host the March meeting (Feb will be at my place, Sat Feb 13th @ the regular time - would love to see you there) we actually got volunteers to host everything up through the summer break with no arm twisting at all. It was a great trend and one I hope will continue.

And everyone left on friendly terms with a smile on their face.

Sometime it take a bit of a crisis to shake people out of their complacency and call them to action. It looks like this is what happened and we will come out of this just fine.

Tom
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 06:36:58 AM »
Pete,

What's the deal with only three games, half a day?

The meeting was actually quite successful. We agree to a general framework for a small set of bylaws with details to be worked on my a committee which will report back next month.

Nominations for officers were accepted and the election will be held prior to the next meeting via E-mail ballots. A letter about the voting procedure will be sent out shortly.

More importantly there was a general concern for the welfare and future direction of the club with much cooperation and no partisanship among the members. When  asking for a volunteer to host the March meeting (Feb will be at my place, Sat Feb 13th @ the regular time - would love to see you there) we actually got volunteers to host everything up through the summer break with no arm twisting at all. It was a great trend and one I hope will continue.

And everyone left on friendly terms with a smile on their face.

Sometime it take a bit of a crisis to shake people out of their complacency and call them to action. It looks like this is what happened and we will come out of this just fine.

Tom

Tom,
Wow! Sounds great! Again...wow!... even a Saturday night meeting..Wow! That breaks the mold! I'll try to be there, if the Lord is willing & the creek don't rise!

Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 07:22:22 AM »
  A good time had by all. Thanks Jim for opening your home and providing all the food and drink. Good to see several new members on board as well.
   I was thinking for the March meeting we could "PIMP" the system if jay is open to it. The B&Ws will be the base. We could bring all different gear to set up . with all that we all own we could pimp it out. Paul could demo the pooter interface he was talking about. A tubed amp, A different SS amp and so on.
  We could plan the components from those who are willing to bring their own gear. Mark from mystery Audio might want to demo his new Preamp. It could prove to be a lot of fun.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.