Author Topic: Audio Syndrome NY  (Read 15920 times)

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Audio Syndrome NY
« on: June 30, 2009, 07:53:56 AM »
  Founded some 40 years ago and boasting some of the better systems in NY and LI with a membership of 25 we meet monthly at members homes the third Friday of the month for ten months out of the year. We take July & August off. [ Bad power company]
  We are about the music as well as the gear. Dues are $20 for the year. Good food, music, audio banter with reviewers, manfs, DIYers, tube rollers, SS gurus, computer audio and most of all FUN, FUN, FUN.
   If interested please email me for our schedule. Looking forward to our members posting here. THANKS AUDIO NERVOSA.

charles
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 07:57:12 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Audio Syndrome NY
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 12:06:47 PM »
That's awesome Charles. Thanks for letting us know.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 04:44:22 PM »
Hello Everyone:

My name is Paul and I am the President of the Audio Syndrome. This wonderful club has been around since 1979 and I proud to be a part of this club.

Audio Nervosa is a great site and we all know this is great for all of us. The opportunity to share information and reach out to others thrills me and I feel confident the club will prosper in using this forum.

At present, we have 25 or so active members. We are based in the NYC metro area, mostly Long Island, Queens and Manhattan residents. Some of the elder members do not attend as much yet they are incredible to learn from. The club consists mostly of dedicated audiophiles who love to listen to music and have the performance conveyed to them. The newer members bring enthusiasm and are learning about music, tubes, etc.

We had our initial meeting of the season this past Friday in Greenlawn, NY. An audio engineer from NYC was our guest and he was very pleased with his time spent with us and wishes to go to our next meeting which should be in the northern part of Queens. I am also inviting a talented audio technician who will be so valuable to us with his ability to repair and upgrade equipment.

I welcome anyone who is a member of Audio Nervosa to read this forum and share your thoughts, experiences, etc. Should you live in the NY Metro area, you may want to consider checking us out.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you:

Paul - President Audio Syndrome.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »
Welcome Audio Syndrome members. Make yourselves at home!

I would love to attend one of your meets sometime. Do you have a planned schedule of meets?  Or just when the feeling moves you like how we do it?

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 05:17:46 PM »
Thanks Rich! Our meetings are in session from September through June. We usually have them the final Friday (sometimes the 3rd Friday) on the month. We look forward to seeing you there and will get to you, the address. Are you in the NY metro area?

Paul

I would love to attend one of your meets sometime. Do you have a planned schedule of meets?  Or just when the feeling moves you like how we do it?

lonewolfny42

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 06:30:50 PM »
Paul....

Rich lives in N.C. ....a ways from N.Y.

Chris

Thanks Rich! Our meetings are in session from September through June. We usually have them the final Friday (sometimes the 3rd Friday) on the month. We look forward to seeing you there and will get to you, the address. Are you in the NY metro area?

Paul

poloman

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »
The meetings are fun and include some good food, beer and wine if the members are so inclined.  Also great recordings on great equipment.  Thanks to all that were at the meeting at my home this month.(Sept).  Looking foward to future fun meetings and seeing some incredible rigs, and hearing some great recordings.
Jay

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »
Thanks Paul. Lots going on tristate, gotta get up there to visit.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 03:41:06 PM »
Rich,

You have an open invite to come to our meetings.

Paul

Thanks Paul. Lots going on tristate, gotta get up there to visit.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 04:29:27 PM »
Thanks!

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 06:08:29 PM »
Thrilled to have you guys on-board  8)!

We have a great 'core' group here in North Carolina, and we are open to learning and hearing new things. I, for one, know that I have lots that I could learn about audio and its related ilk  :D.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline rollo

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 08:38:05 AM »
Our next meeting will be at my home Oct 23rd.  A night of vinyl The Lingo has been added to the Linn. Bring your favorite LPs. Doors open at 7:30, meeting starts promptly at 8PM.
  Hey if anyone thinks they have a CDP to challenge the Linn, by all means bring it along.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 08:57:36 AM »
Hey Charles,

Thanks so much for hosting our next meeting. We all look forward to coming and I can say , I an excited to hear the LINN gain!

Paul

Our next meeting will be at my home Oct 23rd.  A night of vinyl The Lingo has been added to the Linn. Bring your favorite LPs. Doors open at 7:30, meeting starts promptly at 8PM.
  Hey if anyone thinks they have a CDP to challenge the Linn, by all means bring it along.

charles

shep

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 10:44:38 AM »
I will be in the city this winter  :lol: I would love to attend one of your gatherings if it's in Manhattan. I can't bring anything since I will be coming from France! Well I CAN bring old seasoned ears and tales of the strange and wonderous  :duh

Offline rollo

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 07:52:13 AM »
I will be in the city this winter  :lol: I would love to attend one of your gatherings if it's in Manhattan. I can't bring anything since I will be coming from France! Well I CAN bring old seasoned ears and tales of the strange and wonderous  :duh

Hey Shep. Of course. No members in Manhattan. We will pick you up.  Would love to have you.  You have an invite to my home for a meal and some music.

charles
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:47:50 AM by rollo »