Author Topic: Computer Audio: Everything Makes A Difference  (Read 3414 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Computer Audio: Everything Makes A Difference
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »
Article on AVGuide.com

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Computer Audio: Everything Makes A Difference
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »
It's interesting to see people resist growth in the replies that follow.  So many folks today want to jump on the 'what makes sense' bandwagon.  If there's anything I've learned in this life is if I don't understand something, keep my mouth shut until I'm in a situation where it's relevant.  

I don't know how many people I've been able to display a clear difference of something that shouldn't matter.  To this day it's hard for me to understand how much a power cord makes a difference, especially on a tubed preamp.  

People believe what they want.. but it's unfortunate they have to beat their chest about their close-minded-ness.  I much prefer a silent ignoramous to a loud one.  (unless they're asking for help... which means they're not a proudly close-minded ignoramous. ;) )

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

mgalusha

Re: Computer Audio: Everything Makes A Difference
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 10:42:05 AM »
People believe what they want.. but it's unfortunate they have to beat their chest about their close-minded-ness.  I much prefer a silent ignoramous to a loud one.  (unless they're asking for help... which means they're not a proudly close-minded ignoramous. ;) )

Oh yea, I'm with you on this. I tried to teach this to our youngest when he was a teen, sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all. :)