Author Topic: Revel's  (Read 26316 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Revel's
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »
Trying to find a place to hear the KEF 205/2's or 203/2's but can't locate anything around here.

Also looking for a dealer carrying Reference 3A Grand Veena's.

Those are next on the demo list.

also considering some used Apogee Duetta Signatures, but they don;t come up for sale much, and finding one local (east coast drivable) is also going to be difficult.

Bob your leaning towards bright sound with those choices. The Klipsh reference,Tannoys and Vandersteen offer the musicality you may desire. The Von S. VR-33 at factory direct price may also be an option. There is a pair of Aerial 10 Ts on Agon as well. For   kicks you can try my Maggie 3As if ya like. Happy looking.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
Vandersteen Quattros would be nice :thumb:
Amp would need to change though

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2011, 01:02:10 AM »
contacted Reference 3A. Apparently Harry Pearson is the only one in the area that actually has a pair. No dealers or owners in the NY area yet. Hey, maybe I can cut a deal and be their local rep?

Anyone want to buy a pair of really well reviewed speakers? Come'on over to my place for a demo and we'll cut a deeeeeaaaaal.  aa
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2011, 07:31:28 PM »
Wow! Emil's speaker shopping, Bob's speaker shopping, there's a lot of nervosa running around out on Long Island...
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

evan1

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Wow! Emil's speaker shopping, Bob's speaker shopping, there's a lot of nervosa running around out on Long Island...

Must be the fertilizer  :rofl:

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 07:50:31 AM »
contacted Reference 3A. Apparently Harry Pearson is the only one in the area that actually has a pair. No dealers or owners in the NY area yet. Hey, maybe I can cut a deal and be their local rep?

Anyone want to buy a pair of really well reviewed speakers? Come'on over to my place for a demo and we'll cut a deeeeeaaaaal.  aa

I had a pair of decapos years ago driven by an Atmasphere 30 and passive pre.Very unforgiving on poorly recorded music but when things were good, they were fantastic. Maybe a warmer sounding tube amp would have helped
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 07:53:30 AM »

Must be the fertilizer  :rofl:

No, Its my wife saying " buy something nice for yourself for your 50th birthday."

Would $4k on speakers be considered "nice"? ;)
    --Ice Cube

evan1

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 07:56:26 AM »
Nice, having a wife like that is a present in itself  :thumb: Now the question is what does she want for her birthday  :rofl:

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 07:56:51 AM »
    --Ice Cube

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 07:58:14 AM »
Nice, having a wife like that is a present in itself  :thumb: Now the question is what does she want for her birthday  :rofl:
\
I havent mentioned the $4k part yet :-$
    --Ice Cube

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 08:06:21 AM »
Nice, having a wife like that is a present in itself  :thumb: Now the question is what does she want for her birthday  :rofl:

Indeed!
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

shep

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 08:35:06 AM »
Since you're throwing around money, why not go in another direction and have some left over for serious cables Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOne Did I say they were only 2 grand and another G for the stands (which you don't have to buy)? I definately want to hear more about these!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
Since you're throwing around money, why not go in another direction and have some left over for serious cables

.... :rofl:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 08:57:41 AM »

Any comments on these?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue51/vr33.htm

Mucho for the money as they are sold factory direct. The VS sound is one that might make you forget the Maggies. Maybe, having owned Maggies the next step up was difficult. just something about those tweeters and midrange that is tough to beat.
  The music one listens to has everything to do what speaker to own. If I was a rocker it would be Wilson Sasha, The jewel of their line IMO.
  What no Salk, GR research or Vandersteen ? Geddes ? The speaker is the most important part of the system. Happy listening.

charles
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:02:43 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

shep

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 09:17:28 AM »
Where in the world did you find that photo Chris? Priceless. I wouldn't be surprised though if it did in fact have medicinal properties. I will ignore the illusion to speaker cables as being beneath your dignity and experience  :thumb: