Author Topic: Audio / Video expo in Raleigh, NC  (Read 3560 times)

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Audio / Video expo in Raleigh, NC
« on: August 06, 2023, 09:36:52 AM »
Anybody make it?
Pics or explanation of equipment would be nice.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Audio / Video expo in Raleigh, NC
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 09:22:55 AM »
I was really hoping to make it but... life got in the way.   I've known the folks at Audio Advice ever since they first opened (well, I'm guessing most faces have changed and it's been a few years since I've been back but Leon Shaw, the founder way back when is still there). They're one of the few high-quality audio dealers that have survived, mostly because they ventured big time into home theater installations for the well off.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 09:24:47 AM by mdconnelly »

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
Re: Audio / Video expo in Raleigh, NC
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 11:09:16 AM »
.........They're one of the few high-quality audio dealers that have survived, mostly because they ventured big time into home theater installations for the well off.

One of the other few high-quality audio dealers that have survived, mostly because they ventured big time into home theater installations for the well off, is Audio Breakthroughs https://www.audio1975.com. Bruce Clark, the owner, has been in business 48 years with the same brick and mortar storefront!

I've purchased most (though not all) of my A/V gear from him, going back 25 or more years ago to the present day.  8)
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html