Author Topic: Editors Choice Awards -Recommended Componernts  (Read 7475 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Editors Choice Awards -Recommended Componernts
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 05:58:02 AM »
Now were talking . Thought about it for a while and would like to add the Consonance Droplet CDP at $3200 and the Cyber 211 SET Monoblocks at $5500. 
      The Odessey SE for sure as well as the Trends T10. Tweaks: Mapleshade Iso Blocks; Black Hole Pad; V caps; Sound Fusion footers; Flitz metal cleaner and Stella Artois.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 02:29:25 PM »
If we are including tweaks, I'd offer up the following: Walker SST, as well as Pete Riggle's VTAF.
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

wet weasel

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 07:41:48 PM »
Those look like a pair of righteous system enhancements! I guess I'd add that the Walker SST is not for folks like myself who have a noticeable hand tremor.

In the $10k I would nominate the Pass Labs X0.2 preamp. It's the star of my system. As far as I can tell, it is *truly* transparent, a self-effacing component. I realize I'm swimming upstream with that recco, since the Pass fails the "got tubes?" test. I don't seem to mind. I'm keeping it 'til death do me part, then bequeathing it to my daughter. The boy gets the X2 ~ it's plenty good enough for the thrash metal with which he likes to fumigate his cochleae.

cheers ww
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:00:28 AM by wet weasel »

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 04:21:16 AM »
The boy gets the X2 ~ it's plenty good enough for the thrash metal with which he likes to fumigate his cochleae.

cheers ww
Love that line!
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis