Group Therapy > NC Triangulation

April 1st: Carl's DAC comparison get together...

(1/12) > >>

hometheaterdoc:
Not that I'm volunteering the guy or anything :)  :rofl:

Just a heads up that the upgrade board to take my PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC to MKII status finally shipped out and should be here soon.  It usually doesn't play nice with Carl's Piega speakers and other electronics as they're not a good match.. but I'll be curious to see if the new version changes that...

Depending on when this is held, I may or may not be able to attend :)  But I'll contribute three pieces to the comparison:

1) PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC (PWD) MKII
2) Abbingdon Music Research (AMR) DP-777 DAC with remote switchable 16 bit NOS DAC or 24bit high rez DAC
3) Antelope Audio Zodiac Gold DAC with Voltikus power supply

All three are very, very, very good pieces, but do offer different perks, features, and drawbacks... all of them are now around the same price, which unfortunately is not inexpensive...

Let me know whenever the date is set and I'll arrange the long distance shipping of the items to Carl's place ;)

Inscrutable:
+1 from the cheap seats  :thumb:

richidoo:
I think he's waiting for me to finish building his DAC before scheduling it.

djdube525:
FWIW... if the timing works out... the EE MiniMax Plus from Bill is headed to NC as we speak... could be another to add to the mix.

Dave

satfrat:

--- Quote from: djdube525 on March 15, 2012, 11:17:19 AM ---FWIW... if the timing works out... the EE MiniMax Plus from NC is headed to NC as we speak... could be another to add to the mix.

Dave

--- End quote ---

You should have the Plus friday Dave, can you hold out for 1 more day?  :thumb:

Look forward to hearing about some Dac impressions & comparisons.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version