Author Topic: I have a horrid itch!  (Read 11927 times)

shep

I have a horrid itch!
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:32:41 AM »
 :shock:
Part intuition, part reading stuff on AC and elsewhere. Someone here had a good sit-down with the Lenehan ML1 babies? I am especially dying to hear about the + model (which is sort of the Signature). Ever since I parted with my Proac tablette sigs. I've had a yearning for really great mini-monitors. I can only scratch by proxy... :(

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: I have a horrid itch!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:58:49 AM »
One mini that I really, really liked was the Opera Callas. Unfortunately they don't come up ofen on the used market and are hardly discounted at all when they are. I guess that means others really like them too and they hold their value. Definitely worth checking out for your itch.

(I know, I'm not helping)
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 11:28:20 AM »
The ol proac itch eh. Oh yes Kutler knows that very well. Rich and cozy, no listener fatiuqe. Used if you can find em. Good luck.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 11:43:18 AM »
You need some audiophile cream. 

That was lonewolfny42 who heard the Lenehans at Rocky Mountain. When Chris says something so positive and unsolicited, you better listen, he has a good ear and an eye for value. I keep reading about them too, on my heavy rotation website list. :D

I heard Carl's Era5 bookshelfs again this morning. Nice little speakers. Satisfying bass. But I think Lenehans will be even better, considering the details he goes through. 3x more money too.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
That was lonewolfny42 who heard the Lenehans at Rocky Mountain.

Your right Rich....even went over to an Australian website to see what others thought.

Here's the thread.... http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=13090

The ML-1's sounded great....and their so small.....much better than many small speakers that I've heard.
Build quality is excellent....and the amount of bass from these little guys is really something. :shock:

Bob....even better than Jim's Opera Callas speakers....an all around high's to low's hit !!

I also see that they will be getting upgrades....and some new larger speakers will be added to the line.

But if one is looking for a small speaker that really does it all....they would be my first choice.

Here's a link....

http://www.lenehanaudio.com.au/

I may get a pair....down the road....right now....there's no room here....even tho their small. :(

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »
I was hoping you, or someone else in NY, would wind up getting a pair so all of os on this side of the world could give a listen. Too bad they're so far away, and the shipping charges ... (oy vey, and I'm not even Jewish). Too pricey for a leap of faith and too new a brand to know what's hype and what's reality, even though I trust your ears Chris.

They're roughly the price of the Callas', or a near enough ballpark. If they're that much better they truly must be something special.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 12:22:19 PM »
shep....

I have a horrid itch!

Try this.... :rofl:

(No....the ML-1 are not cheap....but to me they are worth the price...  ;) )

shep

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:28:57 PM »
Thanks...instant relief. Actually against the Euro, they are cheap (ish) even with the shipping in the flight cases. Well "cheap" in the mind, not in the bank account!

lonewolfny42

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 12:29:13 PM »
I thought about it real hard Bob...

See this...

http://www.lenehanaudio.com.au/rmaf.php  (FREE FREIGHT FOR RMAF SHOWGOERS Click here)

But I REALLY don't have the room now....plus....
.....if they will have an even better ones coming along soon.....then I'll wait a bit.

But anyone that might need a great small speaker...check them out.

There are some comments on AC by Jason and Tyson....with photos.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 12:33:52 PM »
Mike/mgalusha was at the show....don't know if he heard them.

They were "teamed up" with MONARCHY AUDIO electronics.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 12:41:59 PM »
Best Demo Music: Based on listener interest in my copy of this disc—and on sheer “wow” factors, the award goes to Jen Chapin’s reVisions [Chesky, multichannel SACD].

:rofl: .....a tune from that Cd is on the 2009 Rave disc....which was done way before the show... (Wes' pick)... 8)

http://www.avguide.com/blog/chris-martens-best-rmaf-2009

Deton Nation

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »
One mini that I really, really liked was the Opera Callas. Unfortunately they don't come up ofen on the used market and are hardly discounted at all when they are. I guess that means others really like them too and they hold their value. Definitely worth checking out for your itch.

(I know, I'm not helping)
The new Opera Callas, which are different than the ones Bob & I have heard have a phenomenal review also. They gave 5 tweeters each box I believe. Review was somewhere.. I forget lol ;)
Mike
But I believe those were some of the best Ive heard too

lonewolfny42

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »

lonewolfny42

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:29 PM »

Monarchy Audio and Lenehan Audio.

Here...

A review....Zero on AC...

http://www.sonicflare.com/archives/lenehan-audio-ml1-loudspeaker-review.php

Later.....

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »
Jen Chapin didn't get such a good review on Amazon though. Is it just another audiiophile recording or does the music and performance have merit too?

"Quite boring, disappointing interpretations of Stevie Wonder songs. It's obvious that Chapin has not the capabilites to master difficult (or even not so difficult) passages, one can even hear some wrong tones. Chesky features much better singers: Carla Lother, Marta Gomez, Valerie Joyce... Even the musical arrangements don't knock me off my feet."