Author Topic: Grover SX review  (Read 11949 times)

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
Re: Grover SX review
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »
Grover is an enthusiast that makes cables... Cables go on tour with very little guidelines, they get changed/updated while on tour, Grover hasn't been particularly communicative in the past, etc... So, my expectations are fairly low.  

If a large brand manufacturer were doing a tour, there would likely be stricter terms, requirements to post, etc.  I leave that to the manufacturer.  I give you the shovel, it's up to you how you want to dig your hole or build your mountain.

-C

It would seem that the folks who signed up for this Grover cable tour also signed up to this thread and for the overall benefit the folks who read it. It's all fine n' dandy to read about how you want to be a part of the tour but us readers are expecting to read about your demo session too, hell that's what this thread is all about IMHO. Those who don't take the time to follow through are not just being selfish to Grover, they're being selfish to all of us in general by letting this tour die. The expectations shouldn't be on Grover as he's the one putting himself out there for our benefit,,, the expectations should be on us!

Just thinking outloud here Carl, fwiw.

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 08:04:01 AM »
Are you volunteering to be the tour organizer, Robin? ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
Are you volunteering to be the tour organizer, Robin? ;)

I can see where you'd get that idea Carl.  :rofl:
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 04:55:57 PM »
 :rofl:
Glad you see where I'm coming from...  :thumb:

It's nice what Grover is doing and I see your point that folks should respond well to keep this kind of tour going... take it as a lesson that tours need clear guidelines.  (which are listed on this site)

And this case is a little special... Grover was asked about all the requirements but I didn't get a response.  Plus, the cables have changed mid-tour.  I'm not completely surprised.  Not many people would run a tour this way but I didn't have the time to fix/monitor/suggest beyond what I did.  

Anyone can run a tour on AN.  They just need to set clear guidelines and follow what's in the sticky'd topics in the tours section.  Not following those means the tour won't work... they're pretty simple.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mboldda1

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2012, 01:01:21 AM »
i hate to ask this but where are the cables now? :?
Freelance Reviewer For StereoMojo  System: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vopin&1162599347