Author Topic: Rollo, Pete...  (Read 9457 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Rollo, Pete...
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »
As with the original DigiBuss, I'm assuming the new is designed to improve power differently than does the UberBuss.   Charles, your description of what you're hearing with the new Digi could easily apply to precisely what an UberBUSS excels at.   Dave, not sure you can or will divulge the secret sauce, but can you comment on the difference now between the Uber and the new Digi?  If not in terms of design, then perhaps in terms of impact on power and resulting sound quality?

Hey, you've got me quite excited to check this out!   :thumb:

Yes, am excited about the possibility as well  :thumb:
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 12:14:45 PM »
Just watching as I have an original digiBUSS. :X

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2021, 12:48:51 PM »
As with the original DigiBuss, I'm assuming the new is designed to improve power differently than does the UberBuss.   Charles, your description of what you're hearing with the new Digi could easily apply to precisely what an UberBUSS excels at.   Dave, not sure you can or will divulge the secret sauce, but can you comment on the difference now between the Uber and the new Digi?  If not in terms of design, then perhaps in terms of impact on power and resulting sound quality?

Hey, you've got me quite excited to check this out!   :thumb:
The major difference is the approach to noise elimination and trapping. The Uber is a 3-stage device with:
1 - the EMI/RFI core that traps noise and turns it into heat
2 - The Power Factor Correction network - it improves the power quality factor and makes inductive devices attached to it more efficient
3 - The Final Filters that filter out common mode HF noise

The new DigiBUSS is the only device that I make that has an inductor in the Hot and Neutral circuit.  The inductor is rated at 32A @ 250VAC and has extremely low resistance.  The receptacle filters are very similar to the ones in the Uber, but are targeted at sligtly different frequencies.

Part of the recipe is ERS cloth combined with my proprietary IGFD and other RFI (digital noise) absorbers.  There is a lot more to it including an approach to ground noise elimination that I 'think' is unique.  That took most of the work and and more than a few prototypes. 

As with most of my designs they are very different from accepted norms and, quite frankly, part of the reason I pot my circuits is to protect proprietary intellectual property.  Of course the main reason I pot circuits is for safety.

In this world of entitlement I refuse to share my work with whores that will rob the technology and profit from my hard work.  R&D is my forte' and I'm quite proud of the fact that I don't intentionally steal other peoples' designs.  I'm not so naive to think that I'm Einstein or Bohr, but I do my best to be an innovator and come up with superior methods.  There is a lot going on at the quantum level when it comes to electricity and power in general.  I try to get to solutions by thinking up from waaaaayyyy down there.

Huh, I kinda chased that rabbit way into the hole and I hope this helped. 🐇
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 12:50:49 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 05:33:43 PM »
   To be clear plugged into an Uber is better yet. I use two conditioners. A Gigawatt SE with DC blocker and mutible Ubers. Four dedicated 15A lines used fed from a sub panel using Siemens magnetic breakers.  Each dedicated line has its own conditioner. Adding the new Digibuss just took the digital up several notches. I have tried using the digital filtering of the Gigawatt to feed Digibuss. Then Uber both are VG. The DC blocker seems to make a good difference. Time to try a new Uberbuss. The Gigawatt handles preamp, phono, TT power supplies [2] and a BSG QOL. The Ubers handle the mono block amps and subwoofers [2]. 

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2021, 01:47:58 PM »
  OK Boys and Girls. The new version is like adding a new component period. You name it it is better in every way. Order one. Thanks Dave. Please make me two more.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2021, 02:29:35 PM »
  OK Boys and Girls. The new version is like adding a new component period. You name it it is better in every way. Order one. Thanks Dave. Please make me two more.

charles

That is great news, Charles  :thumb:  Will wait for Dave to post the particulars
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2021, 09:40:10 PM »

charles
:thumb:

I'll email you.  Thanks Charles!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2021, 09:56:23 PM »
I'm working up an info sheet that will have the pertinent info over the weekend.  I'm down to the editing for brevity point.

Basics are:

FI-06NCF IEC power inlet
3 hand polished Pass & Seymour 5362A Extra Heavy Duty Spec Grade receptacles (no steel parts)
Separate Line/ Neutral and Ground multistage RFI/EMI filter sections
Ground loop interrupter
InterGalactic Flooby Dust RFI treatment
ERS cloth
A couple of proprietary doo-dads

I had hoped to keep the price in the $450.00 - $475.00 range, but I did the cost analysis after I got some final quotes today.  Price will be $499.00 + $15.00 shipping (in the USA).

I have parts inbound and will begin sales ASAP.

{Mike, yours is getting finished and out first of next week.}

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2021, 04:28:15 AM »
Ordered one from Dave.

Going to be interesting to try it with a GaN SMPS power supply Music Server! :)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2021, 07:35:03 AM »

{Mike, yours is getting finished and out first of next week.}

Thanks Dave!   Can't wait.   I'll be in touch as to how to best use it either separately or in conjunction with my Uber that also has the integrated Digi.   Of course, I'll most likely use it in every combination I can think of.   :thumb:

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2021, 10:54:19 AM »
Of course, I'll most likely use it in every combination I can think of.   :thumb:
That is the only way to know... 

Offline rodge827

• Seeking Help
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2021, 06:00:03 PM »
Dave I may have missed this but can the previous DigiBuss be upgraded to the New DigiBuss?

Cost?

Chris
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
Alexander Hamilton

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2021, 11:25:52 PM »
Dave I may have missed this but can the previous DigiBuss be upgraded to the New DigiBuss?

Cost?

Chris
Uhm...  it would be a struggle, but can probably be done.  Let me think about this for a day and I'll figure it out.  Problem is:  when I build something I build it 'forever' and that makes removing the old parts very, very hard.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2021, 02:09:09 PM »
I need to add my $0.02 here... I received one of Dave's new "DigiBUSS II" conditioners back in January and was waiting for ~ 200 hr. "burn-in" mark to comment...

This new "DigiBUSS II" replaced a $820 Furutech e-TP80 power conditioner for Audio & Video. The Furutech was known to be a killer product for digital applications. Bottom line - the Furutech e-TP80 power conditioner is SOLD!

As Sir Charles Rollo commented, it is in every way better than my sold e-TP80. Better sound staging, imaging, etc... Naturalness & decay of notes within the digital realm is improved. Kicked my digital playback up a notch or two...

Well done, Super Dave!

Kudos,
Pete

www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2021, 10:09:03 PM »
Charles, Pete:  thank you for the glowing reports.

When I decided to further develop the DigiBUSS I analyzed the unique issues present in digital gear.  This included digital clock and sampling frequencies, logic switching and esoteric issues like display noise and just how digital noise (EMI, RFI noise - circuit bound and airborne) pollutes the system AC.  Unique problems needed targeted solutions.  This new DigiBUSS is my answer to these problems.

I'll be raising prices on the UberBUSS and other services next month.  The price on this new Digi will not be increased.  I figured the materials increases into the current price.